The Genius of Bill Stoneman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

The Genius of Bill Stoneman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Genius of Bill Stoneman

Postby johnsamo » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:15 am

You bring up Howie Kendrick to get him some time at the leaning on the rail and watching the game time. A rook can hurt himself if you rush him. He might slip on the rail and hurt himself. We've already got Aybar doing that, so we're set for young talent ready to ride the pine this 2nd half. Fortunately, we've got Tim Salmon and Erstad to show them how it's done.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Halo Homers » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:18 pm

As I said in another post, I hope Kendrick's call up is a prelude to a trade.

If not, I don't understand the logic if having him up, unless having him up watching the big league game is somehow helping him for down the road. I would think the last time he was up riding the pine would have taken care of that.
Halo Homers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 48)

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:28 pm

I'm just imaging what will happen if Saunders comes up and is a success as well. Might be a good time to deal him in the right trade.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby glcmustliveon » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:59 pm

The words "genius'' and "stoneman" shall never be uttered in the same sentence again, even in jest. Thank you for your cooperation

"I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul." --Ichiro Suzuki on Dice-K
glcmustliveon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Halo Homers » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:25 am

I think Stony will be packing his bags if the Angels don't make the playoffs.
Halo Homers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sLim » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:42 pm

i dont think stoneman has done anything to get himself fired...he has not made the push to acquire some of the big free agent bats...but he hasnt also thrown away our farm for a year or two of veteran rentals...
sLim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby glcmustliveon » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:51 pm

sLim wrote:i dont think stoneman has done anything to get himself fired...he has not made the push to acquire some of the big free agent bats...but he hasnt also thrown away our farm for a year or two of veteran rentals...

Have you seen the back log of SS we have, its a great thing to have, but only if we utilize them to fill our weaknesses. And if signing GMJ to an albatross contract isnt enough to get fired, i don't know what is...

"I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul." --Ichiro Suzuki on Dice-K
glcmustliveon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sLim » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:35 pm

glcmustliveon wrote:
sLim wrote:i dont think stoneman has done anything to get himself fired...he has not made the push to acquire some of the big free agent bats...but he hasnt also thrown away our farm for a year or two of veteran rentals...

Have you seen the back log of SS we have, its a great thing to have, but only if we utilize them to fill our weaknesses. And if signing GMJ to an albatross contract isnt enough to get fired, i don't know what is...

i kno of our logjam at ss...but cabrera is not goin to be resigned after this season...which will probably make room for our best defensive prospect aybar...brandon wood is not goin to play ss in the bigs...and with our hole for a natural power hitting 3b since the absence of glaus...wood will play the hot corner once he gets his big league opp...and rodriguez could be the utility infielder...
sLim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Halo Homers » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:28 pm

I agree that GMJ will need to play up to the 50M he was given or Stony could be in trouble.

I even hesitiate to discuss trades anymore because its become evident Stony will not pull the trigger. I read one story that suggested Stony is hesitant to pull trades becasue he got burnt in this first trade as Angels GM which was the Edmonds for Kennedy / Bottenfield trade. Of course, Kennedy's game 4 heroics against the Twins in 02 made that one go down a lot easier.
Halo Homers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby glcmustliveon » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:54 am

sLim wrote:
glcmustliveon wrote:

i kno of our logjam at ss...but cabrera is not goin to be resigned after this season...which will probably make room for our best defensive prospect aybar...brandon wood is not goin to play ss in the bigs...and with our hole for a natural power hitting 3b since the absence of glaus...wood will play the hot corner once he gets his big league opp...and rodriguez could be the utility infielder...

You may be right about Wood, but the Angels brass is pretty hell bent on keeping him at SS, especially seeing as how his defense made huge strides last year ( 10 FRAA!!!). What they shouldve done, but cant now because of Albatross, errr, Gary Jr, is move Aybar to center, his defensive prowess and superb speed translate really well if moved to center. But nooooo, we had to sign GMJ.... Lets just hope Arte fires stoneman after this year, we could all be on our seperate ways...

glcmustliveon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim