Jered Weaver hits the DL! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jered Weaver hits the DL!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stikmata » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:36 am

noone has mentioned that this same injury has bothered him in the past... he's pitched through the pain before... that's why he's still ready to pitch... but because it is a bit of a chronic injury, the Angels are gonna give it some time to heal before he flares it up again
stikmata
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LoPan » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:47 am

Jul 16 Correcting an earlier item, the Associated Press' Ken Peters reports Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim SP Jered Weaver (shoulder) had his regular turn in the rotation pushed back because of tendinitis in his right shoulder.

It looks like it's his shoulder and not his biceps for whatever that's worth. (KFFL via Yahoo)
LoPan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:06 am

i dont mind since its the indians he had to face
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby dc928 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:53 am

He is not on DL yet....... miss one start at this moment hopefully that is all he has to miss...
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Krunk City King$ » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:08 pm

Weaver hurting but won't go on DL

Sunday, July 16, 2006
The injury is described as mild biceps tendinitis. Moseley will get Monday's start.

By AL BALDERAS
The Orange County Register

ANAHEIM – The Angels announced Friday they had a hole to fill in their starting rotation because Kelvim Escobar was placed on the 15-day disabled list.

Make that two holes.

Jered Weaver was examined Saturday by team physician Lewis Yocum and was diagnosed with mild biceps tendinitis in his right arm.

That means that Weaver will not make his scheduled start Monday against the Cleveland Indians.

The Angels will not put Weaver on the disabled list and hope to start him next weekend in Kansas City.

"It's disappointing for me because I'm the type of guy who wants the ball all the time," Weaver said.

"We just want to get it knocked out a little bit, tame the fire and get back out there."

Weaver talked about soreness in the biceps after his most recent start in Oakland last weekend but brushed it off as not being serious.

He said he felt the same sensation during his college days at Long Beach State.

"I'd say it's around the same (level of discomfort)," Weaver said. "Obviously this is a little more drastic because I had more rest (in college) and we were able to knock it out. I think getting back out there every five days has taken its toll and it's something I have to get used to."

Angels manager Mike Scioscia doesn't want to put Weaver on the disabled list because he said that would give Weaver too much time off and he already has shown steady improvement.

The Angels will promote right-handed pitcher Dustin Moseley from Triple-A Salt Lake City to start in Weaver's place. Moseley will be making his major-league debut.

Moseley is 8-4 with a 3.99 ERA in 17 starts with the Bees this season.

He was acquired in the Dec. 14, 2004, trade that sent Ramon Ortiz to the Cincinnati Reds.

The Angels have not announced who will start in place of Escobar on Tuesday, but it is expected to be Joe Saunders, who is 10-3 with a 2.51 ERA at Salt Lake City.

STILL LOOKING

The Angels are 10-1 through their first 11 games this month but that doesn't mean their search for a big bat in the lineup has slowed.

The trading deadline is July31, and the Angels' search for a big hitter goes on. Scioscia acknowledged that things have gone better for his team during the past couple of weeks but said it doesn't have anything to do with what happens between now and the deadline.

"If you're going to improve the club, it doesn't matter where you think you are," he said. "If you're going to improve your club, you're going to improve your club. I feel that if (GM) Bill (Stoneman) sees a piece out there that's going to bring depth into our lineup and be that piece of the puzzle to make us stronger, he's going to definitely consider that."
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sp ... 213406.php
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates