Computer Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Computer Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:48 pm

I thought you could only log onto a domain with XP Pro? But if it's for college, you wouldn't actually have to access their domain, so I would think Home or media would work.

If you ask me, I'd just wait until 2007 to buy a new PC with Vista loaded on it.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:52 pm

Coppermine wrote:I thought you could only log onto a domain with XP Pro? But if it's for college, you wouldn't actually have to access their domain, so I would think Home or media would work.

If you ask me, I'd just wait until 2007 to buy a new PC with Vista loaded on it.

Vista is gonna require some big system resources. But its perty
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:39 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I thought you could only log onto a domain with XP Pro? But if it's for college, you wouldn't actually have to access their domain, so I would think Home or media would work.

Yeah, my computer is a year and half old right now and it won't be able to run it, even though it was the best available at the time. That's why it's just better to wait. Dell is releasing "Vista capable" PC's right now, but it would probably be better just to have it pre-loaded or you'll have to pay for a new operating system. If that even matter to you, but it's kind of a bummer to get a brand new state of the art PC with an outdated operation system. It's not like Apple who makes you pay for a new OS every 8 months; Vista will be around for at least 4 or 5 years.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Yeah, my computer is a year and half old right now and it won't be able to run it, even though it was the best available at the time. That's why it's just better to wait. Dell is releasing "Vista capable" PC's right now, but it would probably be better just to have it pre-loaded or you'll have to pay for a new operating system. If that even matter to you, but it's kind of a bummer to get a brand new state of the art PC with an outdated operation system. It's not like Apple who makes you pay for a new OS every 8 months; Vista will be around for at least 4 or 5 years.

i'm still running Windows 98 at home :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:48 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

I heard Microsoft is going to drop all updates and support for 98 once Vista ships.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:53 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

I heard Microsoft is going to drop all updates and support for 98 once Vista ships.

98 was pretty stable though so thats ok. Just find a cough cough bootleg cough cough arggh
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:20 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

98 was pretty stable though so thats ok. Just find a cough cough bootleg cough cough arggh

yeah, i dont think my Celeron 677 Mhz would run XP too well anyway, and i wouldnt even attempt Vista on it. i'm due for a new computer anyway, but all i really do is surf the net on it...although i'd probably play games if it was capable of running anything new

the worst part is i spent like $300 on a new HD and Power Supply for it :-t
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk