Yahoo and the short pitching week, what happens? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo and the short pitching week, what happens?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo and the short pitching week, what happens?

Postby Phatferd » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:22 pm

I know it's been asked before, but I tried searching "Yahoo short week" and nothing came up.

What happens if you dont reach the minimum innings pitched this week? I just made a trade and it just went through tonight and the 2 SPs I got started last night so I don't get their stats, while the guys I traded start tomorrow. All I have pitching for me this week are my RPs and Haren tonight.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo and the short pitching week, what happens?

Postby Ursa » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:23 pm

Phatferd wrote:I know it's been asked before, but I tried searching "Yahoo short week" and nothing came up.

What happens if you dont reach the minimum innings pitched this week? I just made a trade and it just went through tonight and the 2 SPs I got started last night so I don't get their stats, while the guys I traded start tomorrow. All I have pitching for me this week are my RPs and Haren tonight.

You will lose all pitching cats if you don't make minimum IP. As far as I know, there is no way around this, which is why our minimum IP is only 14.

Try a Perlick spot starter if you can.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Young 8 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:01 pm

ehm.....maybe if you check on the YAHOO FANTASY BASEBALL main page ....

Due to the reduced number of games played during All Star week, innings-pitched requirements are waived from Monday, July 10, through Sunday, July 16. Active pitchers will be credited with all stats earned during this period regardless of total innings pitched, although at least one pitching appearance is required to win ERA and/or WHIP.
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Phatferd » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:21 pm

Young 8 wrote:ehm.....maybe if you check on the YAHOO FANTASY BASEBALL main page ....

Due to the reduced number of games played during All Star week, innings-pitched requirements are waived from Monday, July 10, through Sunday, July 16. Active pitchers will be credited with all stats earned during this period regardless of total innings pitched, although at least one pitching appearance is required to win ERA and/or WHIP.

Thanks. I never do check the main page, I have a bookmark to my league pages so I never see the main page. I appreciate it.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:12 pm

I manually lowered it as well in case Yahoo doesn't stick to their word or if it only applies to public leagues for whatever reason.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Ursa » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:36 pm

Young 8 wrote:ehm.....maybe if you check on the YAHOO FANTASY BASEBALL main page ....

Yeah thanks - I too go straight to my league page so never see the main one.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby jbauer2485 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:01 pm

So does anyone know if it only applies to public leagues?
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby pangbones » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:52 am

jbauer2485 wrote:So does anyone know if it only applies to public leagues?

It's for all leagues. In the past yahoo posted these things right on the league homepage. I was worried about not making the minimum IP, cuz I hadn't seen anything about it on the site, and I lost Escobar to the DL. I too don't normally check the main page. Not sure why they stopped posting on the league homepage. :-?
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers