Stephen Drew/BJ Upton (when he comes up) Predictions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Stephen Drew/BJ Upton (when he comes up) Predictions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stephen Drew/BJ Upton (when he comes up) Predictions

Postby Airzoom32 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:11 pm

I am in an 18 team league and have been struggling with Crosby this whole year. What kind of numbers would you expect Drew (coming up now that Counsell is out 3-6 weeks) and Upton (coming up soon and playing 3rd base) will put up the rest of the year?
Airzoom32
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Super Manny » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:54 pm

Also interested in this topic...bump. ;-D

"When you don't feel good and you still get hits, that's when you know you are a bad man." -Manuel A. Ramirez
Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby zepfan » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:25 pm

I don't know too much about Upton but I've heard Drew's game is very similar to his brother's. Hopefully minus the injuries. Apparently he has a good eye so I would expect a fairly decent average out of him even this year.

Assuming he gets 200 ABs I'll go with .280 28/7/31 with 3 SBs.

I'm in the same boat with Crosby and I've already got Drew on my bench so I'm hoping he does at least better than Crosby, which shouldn't be too hard.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Bosy Billups » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:43 pm

Haha. All the Crosby Owners flock here. I am a fellow Crosby Owner, and although he should perk up this half, I have Upton on the bench.

My dilemma is that I also grabbed Kendrick for my MI role. If I were to pick up Drew, that would be Drew/Upton/Kendrick which is absurd for a non-keeper league.

Hopefully Upton is called up soon, otherwise, I might drop Kendrick for Drew since Counsel may be out 6 weeks.

I just heard that Drew was struggling this year, so I am a bit undecided.
Bosy Billups
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Niffoc4 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:30 am

Drew has only been struggling in the sense that he has not been completely dominant, he hit .284 with 13 Hr in AAA
If you need power from your MI guy, then Drew is probably the better choice, but if you need steals then Upton is the way to go. Kendrick will give the best BA (if he gets the PT)... All 3 who have competed for ROY in their leagues if they had been up all year...
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby SammyRulz » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:48 am

out of these 3 to picku pwhich is the safest and best bet for the rest of the season??
SammyRulz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hybrid » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:26 am

SammyRulz wrote:out of these 3 to picku pwhich is the safest and best bet for the rest of the season??

Probably BJ as he has a clear starting spot. Drew could be on the bench or back in AAA when Counsell gets healthy. As for Kendrick, well who knows what they will do with him, at the moment they still have Kennedy.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers