drew on his way up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

drew on his way up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

drew on his way up

Postby MightyMets » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:42 am

arizona ss stephen drew is being called up.. not much value for non-keepers but for all you keeper folks.
MightyMets
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 93
Joined: 5 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:24 am

Where did you hear this?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:37 am

rotoworld wrote:Stephen Drew - SS - Diamondbacks
The Diamondbacks are expected to call up Stephen Drew to take over at shortstop for the injured Craig Counsell.
Drew will probably start against righties, with Damion Easley handling shortstop chores versus lefties. Drew hasn't done a lot offensively since April, but he is worth picking up in NL-only leagues with Counsell done for three to six weeks. If the 23-year-old plays well enough, Counsell might not get his job back. Jul. 15 - 1:24 am et


cool :-)

here are his 2006 Stats LINK
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:45 am

I wonder if he will get the majority of AB's or sit behind Easley most of the time. It would be nice if they weren't like the Angels and just called up prospects to pinch run. :-b
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:19 am

They will bring him up to start...That is why he hasn't been called up sooner, because they want him getting AB's, and playing everyday... Look for the start of the future in AZ ;-D
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 979
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: where your not looking

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:57 pm

Stephen Drew is starting and batting 8th...
According to Bob Melvin he will play everyday ;-D

Here is the info:

Stephen Drew - SS - Diamondbacks


Diamondbacks recalled shortstop Stephen Drew from Triple-A Tucson.
He's batting eighth tonight. Manager Bob Melvin said the left-handed-hitting Drew would be his everyday shortstop while Craig Counsell was out. Since he actually had an OPS 200 points higher against left-handed pitching in Triple-A, the Diamondbacks might as well give it a try. He should have some value in NL-only leagues. Jul. 15 - 8:50 pm et
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 979
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: where your not looking

Postby Starkmadfan » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:05 pm

From Rotowire

Drew will be recalled to Arizona from Triple-A with Craig Counsell out three to six weeks with a broken rib, the Associated Press reports. Drew may be the top prospect in all of baseball and should get regular playing time. He's someone to pick up quickly in most formats. He was hitting .284/.340/.462 at Triple-A Tucson.


Is this guy that good? Better than Kendricks, Marte etc ?
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 842
Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:56 pm

Starkmadfan wrote:From Rotowire

Drew will be recalled to Arizona from Triple-A with Craig Counsell out three to six weeks with a broken rib, the Associated Press reports. Drew may be the top prospect in all of baseball and should get regular playing time. He's someone to pick up quickly in most formats. He was hitting .284/.340/.462 at Triple-A Tucson.


Is this guy that good? Better than Kendricks, Marte etc ?


Most people would say Kendrick is better, especially since he plays at a harder position to get in fantasy baseball. Drew is probably just outside the Top 5 prospects for me in the minors, but is pretty much a sure Top 10 prospect.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:47 am

hybrid wrote:
Starkmadfan wrote:From Rotowire

Drew will be recalled to Arizona from Triple-A with Craig Counsell out three to six weeks with a broken rib, the Associated Press reports. Drew may be the top prospect in all of baseball and should get regular playing time. He's someone to pick up quickly in most formats. He was hitting .284/.340/.462 at Triple-A Tucson.


Is this guy that good? Better than Kendricks, Marte etc ?


Most people would say Kendrick is better, especially since he plays at a harder position to get in fantasy baseball. Drew is probably just outside the Top 5 prospects for me in the minors, but is pretty much a sure Top 10 prospect.


I would take Stephen over Howie...

Stephen Drew longterm projects as a #3 hitter... ;-D
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 979
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: where your not looking

Postby hybrid » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:22 am

Purple Haze wrote:I would take Stephen over Howie...

Stephen Drew longterm projects as a #3 hitter... ;-D


Says the D'Backs fan ;-7 :-b
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact