phils closer if gordon goes? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

phils closer if gordon goes?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby swyck » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:56 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:
Esen wrote:its also in todays NY Post, he is mentioned as possibly being on the block along with Abreu and Lieber

Yankees could use Gordon and Lieber.

Oh wait. ;-7

LOL. Its deja vu all over again. :*)
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:25 am

well there have been rumors of abreu for craig hansen and trot nixon.... hansen could step in and close if both deals are made.... rhodes will not close for the phils, hes pitched very poorly this year. franklin stinks. our best reliever has been cormier but in no way is he a closer....this would definitely be a closer by committee if another deal is not made... BRITO (not bruto) is in AAA and looked terrible earlier this season. He is in no way an option to close. Scott Mathiason is definitely someone to keep an eye on as well since his fastball is his dominating pitch...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:27 am

blankman wrote:Yankees should get him to fix what they should have done this offseason- sign Gordon at all costs. Look what's happened to this bullpen without him. :-t

Again with this?

Gordon had the same deal on the table from the Yankees that he accepted with the Phillies. He wanted to close. That's the bottom line.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:19 am

gordon doesnt have a no trade clause, there for it doesnt really matter what he wants, so no, thats not the bottom line

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:42 am

Snakes Gould wrote:gordon doesnt have a no trade clause, there for it doesnt really matter what he wants, so no, thats not the bottom line

Um, actually I wasn't talking about Gordon getting traded.

I was talking about the Yankees attempting to re-sign him this past offseason, which is what blankman is complaining about. The Yankees did try to re-sign him. Gordon wanted to close though, so he went to Philly. The Yankees couldn't re-sign him.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:47 am

oh ok, i guess i misinterpreted the conversation or maybe i just assumed that since this was a tom gordon getting traded thread and not a lets talk about last year's yankees and the 1921 yanks and the 1956 yankees like every other thread is... oh wait this one is too ;-7 ;-) !+) :-D ;-D

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:57 am

Snakes Gould wrote:oh ok, i guess i misinterpreted the conversation or maybe i just assumed that since this was a tom gordon getting traded thread and not a lets talk about last year's yankees and the 1921 yanks and the 1956 yankees like every other thread is... oh wait this one is too ;-7 ;-) !+) :-D ;-D

You catch on quickly. ;-)
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ravenmad22 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:30 am

Ryan Madson should get his shot to close if Gordon is traded. Everyone else in that pen is terrible and Madson has proven to be a very good reliever and, so far, a pretty terrible starter.
ravenmad22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:24 am

ravenmad22 wrote:Ryan Madson should get his shot to close if Gordon is traded. Everyone else in that pen is terrible and Madson has proven to be a very good reliever and, so far, a pretty terrible starter.

I agree...I would guess Ryan Madson ;-D
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bceagles04 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:52 am

The Phillies have their 2 corner stones in Howard and Utley...they need to build around those 2. Trading Gordon is the 1st step. It's tough though, because the Phillies could make a move to help their team and push towards the wild card...but that is doubtful. Getting rid of Gordon, and then Abreu for young players with more upside is what they need to do.

Now where did someone get the Abreu for Hansen/Nixon rumor? Source?
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers