Dan Johnson demoted to AAA - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Dan Johnson demoted to AAA

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dan Johnson demoted to AAA

Postby Another Blown Save » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:59 am

Rotoworld wrote:Athletics optioned first baseman Dan Johnson to Triple-A Sacramento.
Johnson was hitting .291 with five homers, seven doubles, 17 RBI and 15 walks in 103 at-bats since the start of June. The A's will put out a significantly weaker lineup against right-handers with him in the minors, so the Rangers, Angels and Mariners should all be happy to see this. Jul. 14 - 12:40 am et
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 5385
Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ranger Roto » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:49 am

So much for keeping an eye on him as a 2nd half sleeper
Ranger Roto
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 69
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikhayl » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:07 am

He was playing real well...what's up?
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 839
Joined: 9 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Postby tol1l1yboy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:27 am

He was batting like .200 for the past month. He had a good stretch but tanked again. I cant believe I picked him up instead of Huff. When I realized the error of my ways Huff was already gone.
tol1l1yboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 395
Joined: 5 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SlightlyStoopid » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:54 pm

Ranger Roto wrote:So much for keeping an eye on him as a 2nd half sleeper


Given Bradley's history with the DL it's likely he'll get hurt again bringing DJ back up to the bigs.
SlightlyStoopid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 743
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SwisherSweet » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:01 pm

I cannot believe this...
1. The whole A's team has been hitting bad. Johnson has been the guyhitting it hard since he broke out of his slump.
2. He raised his average 50 points since end of May
3. He Takes a lot of Walks
4. His confidence was FINALLY back
5. Why is Antonio Perez on the team batting .087 ( true )
6. I am so pissed....
7. Kielty, Scutaro, Perez all should have went before Dan
SwisherSweet
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 230
Joined: 18 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JoeyTTU01 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:20 pm

I actually owned Dan Johnson(did anyway) in a few leagues and over the last week, he was 1/10(.100) 1 HR 1 RBI .100 OBP, but its not like Nick Swisher has been swinging a hot stick himself, he has been pretty cold recently as well.
My Team: HELP PLEASE
None Currently.

Image
JoeyTTU01
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 239
Joined: 12 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lubbock, Texas

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:46 pm

SwisherSweet wrote:I cannot believe this...
1. The whole A's team has been hitting bad. Johnson has been the guyhitting it hard since he broke out of his slump.
2. He raised his average 50 points since end of May
3. He Takes a lot of Walks
4. His confidence was FINALLY back
5. Why is Antonio Perez on the team batting .087 ( true )
6. I am so pissed....
7. Kielty, Scutaro, Perez all should have went before Dan


Kielty was actually hitting but I have no clue why Perez is still on the major league roster. Maybe not to make the Ethier deal look too bad?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby SlightlyStoopid » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:32 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
SwisherSweet wrote:I cannot believe this...
1. The whole A's team has been hitting bad. Johnson has been the guyhitting it hard since he broke out of his slump.
2. He raised his average 50 points since end of May
3. He Takes a lot of Walks
4. His confidence was FINALLY back
5. Why is Antonio Perez on the team batting .087 ( true )
6. I am so pissed....
7. Kielty, Scutaro, Perez all should have went before Dan


Kielty was actually hitting but I have no clue why Perez is still on the major league roster. Maybe not to make the Ethier deal look too bad?


It's too bad DJ can't play 3B. That's the only reason I see that Perez is still on the team. he can't be any worse then what Chavez has been doing at the plate lately.
SlightlyStoopid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 743
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact