A look back... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

A look back...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A look back...

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:00 am

I'll admit it. I've been here a long time. I was the 186th member to join (a couple of hours before Trevisc) and I've seen a lot of loudmouths come and go. Without futher ado, here are the very first posts of some of the characters of the cafe:

Hybrid, the local minor league expert wrote

i personally like crawford more, though you could make a case for either, but to say byrd is "far superior" then crawford is very outlandish and really you have nothing to go on when you say that. a-rod is far superior then crawford, not byrd. byrd had to wait till he was 25/26 to get to the bigs, and don't tell me glanville was in his way cause that isn't a strong arguement. crawford made it when he was 22 and even though the drays promoted him early he would of likely made it soon after anyways. both have almost a full season though byrd didn't play exactly play a full year. both improved a lot in the second half. so i don't know how you think byrd is so much of a greater player then crawford. i guess we'll found out in the oncoming years though. i woul take crawford but i think byrd will be a better value pick since most are high on crawford this year.

Lofunzo

I would do that as I agree that Meche will fall off. He's not known for a lot of innings. CC will get you some numbers but he will also make you pull your hair out. Just be patient and he will continue to put up good numbers.

Believe it or not, acsguitar's first post was about... baseball.

I see Blaylock is up against Zito...So im leaning Miguel Cabrera Out of my outfield to 3B since hes facing montreal...Even though He is facing a righty who hes not as solid against.

Wrveres, of course, began by writing about how much some guy sweats...

Have you seen Clement sweat? as soon as MLB figures out that the ball is soaking wet, he will come back to earth. Just like all the hype around Dempster 2 whole seasons ago

rico the retard, of course.

titttttttttties yay there big and round

Arlo began by asking the really big questions...

1) Who was Colorado's first gm?

Finally, theyanks04 began by advising someone not to trade for Arod. Prophetic, no?

I agree...a bad idea IMO. Arod is nice but you are trading a 2nd rounder in Nomar, a 4-6 rounder in Colon and a 11? rounder with potential (if he could ever decide to stay healthy a whole season) for a first rounder in ARod. Going from a rond 2 SS to a round 1 SS is not worth all that, esp. if you have to replace the bottom two keepers with fre agents. Keep Nomar, IMO and look to deal Colon and someone else for an upgrade.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:16 am

haha @ wrveres post..

thats pretty funny.. not bad
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:23 am

now that is a great idea for a post right there. ;-D
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:37 am

I appreciated this post. I am thankful that I do not remember nor am I listed with my first post. I can only imagine. :-b
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:40 am

pokerplaya wrote:I appreciated this post. I am thankful that I do not remember nor am I listed with my first post. I can only imagine. :-b

pokerplaya wrote:Hello all...I'm new around here, but an experienced fantasy player looking for some advice.

I am in a deep 14 person keeper h2h league. We keep most of our rosters (15 players) and have very deep teams with a lot of bench spots. It's 6X6 with holds and ops as the extra cats.

My rosters looks like:
C J. López
1B P. Nevin
2B A. Kennedy
3B Á. Rodríguez
SS O. Cabrera
LF L. Berkman
CF J. Pierre
RF J. González
Util P. Burrell
BN F. Catalanotto
BN C. Figgins
BN S. Hatteberg
BN B. Hill

R. Johnson
J. Schmidt
P. Martínez
R. Halladay
O. Dotel
U. Urbina
C. Reitsma
B. Lidge
N. Field
J. Garland
J. Lieber
B. Myers
J. Contreras
B. Claussen
DL P. Byrd
DL M. Mantei
DL M. Riley
DL A. Burnett

I'm considering offering J. Lopez and J. Pierre for Piazza and J. Beckett. I have Figgins just rotting on my bench, and with Glaus out for at least 8 weeks, Figgins could easily take Pierre's spot and not lose much. I've built up what I feel is a strong team through incessant trading, but I feel that I am a few positions short right now. If I made this trade, I could trade some of my pitching depth for an improvement over Kennedy (2B) or Juan Gone (RF). Any suggestions would be great.

now that is one hell of a first post.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:48 am

Hahahaha...thanks for that, what a blast from the past. Juan Gone? Kennedy? :-b
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:37 am

wow.. when i look back on a few of my first posts..

i see how little i knew compared to now..

suprising

shows you what the cafe does for you ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:08 am

My first posts sucked so much. One of them I actually wrote "lol". Man what was I thinking.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby go_jays_go » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:17 am

Pretty interesting to see. ;-)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jzfran » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:05 am

It's definately fun to look back.

My first post:
I'm in an 8 team head-to-head league. I need to know who to drop. I am considering either Mike Hampton or Patterson, who struggled in his last start. Also, what should i do with Danny Graves? His ERA is killing me!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And the only responder to the thread was acs (talking about baseball 8-o ).

Wow...Danny Graves and Mike Hampton. My team sucked.
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk