Chavez... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chavez...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fantasy Guru » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:20 pm

Detro76 wrote:
I finally dropped chavez. With such a great start, thought it would be different this year. Obviously, there is something wrong with him. Just does not make sense to have him on the roster if I cant use him.

WoW. I wish you were in my league. I may be wrong, but I hope I'm right in thinking that if/when Chavez comes back healthy he's going to have a strong finish to this season.

I'm with the rest of you guys though, I can't beleive they have waited this long to DL him when they knew he'd be out for at least this week and they could have done it retroactively.

Well, I know this isn't the draft/trade section, but I figured i'd save room. Any sense in using a #1 priority on him in a 10 team league? Only player he'd start over on my team when he comes back would be Garret Atkins, so my team is pretty good. I just think he would be worth something.

I'd either drop Jorge Sosa or Shields for him.
ImageYeah.. this "fantasy guru" thing is just a user name, folks.
Fantasy Guru
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JeFfReY4 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:13 am

Eric Chavez (forearm) took batting practice Sunday and expects to return to the lineup Monday.
"I'm almost positive I'll play," Chavez said. However, trainer Larry Davis indicated that the A's will evaluate Chavez prior to Monday's game and left open the chance of a trip to the disabled list
JeFfReY4
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:48 pm

he was dropped in my league too. i cant bring myself to drop Youkilis for him :-[
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby pangbones » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:37 pm

Fantasy Guru wrote:
Well, I know this isn't the draft/trade section, but I figured i'd save room. Any sense in using a #1 priority on him in a 10 team league? Only player he'd start over on my team when he comes back would be Garret Atkins, so my team is pretty good. I just think he would be worth something.

I'd either drop Jorge Sosa or Shields for him.

I would jump all over him. He is definitely worth a #1. He is a proven stud who excels in the warmer months. Just check out his splits. He is much better from June on. Now there is a chance he's hurt the rest of the year, but the risk is worth it.

From what I've read today, it looks like he'll play either today or tomorrow!! Not sure if that is good news or not. :-?
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates