What WWII or War games should I get - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

What WWII or War games should I get

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What WWII or War games should I get

Postby Phatferd » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:01 pm

Thanks to ACS, I got a sweet deal on new hardware and I invested in a 7600gt PCI-E card.

The system isn't up and running yet, I just got all the parts to begin assembly. I plan on going to my friends either tonight or Saturday to help me put it together.

Anyways, I am interested in games like Battlefield (what's the best of the series), Call of Duty, Ghost Recon, Medal of Honor, etc...

I like WWII and Military games. I am not a big fan of games like WoW and Civilization. I also like games like F.E.A.R. and Far Cry looks cool.

Anyways, I have never played PC games in my life and I need to get some good games to begin my life of geekness.

Also, I would prefer to get games that I wouldn't need say a legit serial number, if you know what I'm saying. I am poor and Bittorrent is my friend.

I know I'll have to purchase Battlefield to play online and stuff.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:21 pm

Far Cry doesn't need a serial and is awesome!

Fear is amazing and should run pretty well on the 7600gt but you will need a no cd and a serial.

I'd play Fear first as its amazing.

Call of Duty is an awesome WWII game but to play any of these games online you will need a serial.

Anyways tell me if you need help with your computer setup and tell me if it works!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:08 pm

Get FEAR, Battlefield 2, and Half Life 2. That should start you out nicely for shooters. Call of Duty 2 is good if you want a good WWII shooter.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:08 pm

I would get Battlefield 1942. It's kind of old, but that means it's cheap. There's a ton of maps, and mods and still a huge online following. It won't be too flashy compared to newer games but it's still a lot of fun online.

I can't really comment on any newer games, as I don't really play on the PC anymore.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:51 pm

Here's what confuses me about these PC games...When I went to the store and looked at these games I saw all these expansion packs and different variations, I had no idea what to get.

For example, Medal of Honor had like 2 expansion packs. Battlefield 2 had one as well for 20 bucks or I could get a "delux" edition for 10 bucks more than the regular game. Is Battlefield Vietnam its own game or just an expansion?
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:01 pm

Vietnam is it's own game, however there also is an expansion out for it.

I didn't realize this was for any war games...thought it was just for WWII...in that case I'd go for Battlefield 2. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:06 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Vietnam is it's own game, however there also is an expansion out for it.

I didn't realize this was for any war games...thought it was just for WWII...in that case I'd go for Battlefield 2. ;-D

I've played BF2 its awesome. I think I'll eventually get Call of Duty 2 for the WWII game. I just have no idea what to buy for BF2...Could I find the expansion packs online to download or do I need to buy those as well?
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:38 pm

I crossed to the PC side at the start of this year, and now I'm a PC geek - as you illuded to in the Oblivion thread.

BF2 is unreal, and as far as I know there is an expansion pack called "Special Forces". You can download a whole bunch of patches/updates. The best one I found was one that enables you to play singleplayer mode on the largest maps (64 i think?), with the maximum number of computer players. Lots of action going on, it's unreal.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:10 am

COD II is really buggy and isn't worth it IMO

BF2 is annoying to run due to super high system specs and also lots of bugs.

Expanision packs are retarded and you should never buy them IMO
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby dipset » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:25 pm

I would look at Delta Force Black Hawk Down. ONline play is amazing, and thousands of people still play daily
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Video Games