Postby JTWood » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:14 pm

:-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:21 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Even at a pro-rated portion of the 300 K min salary, he is just a waste of 100K and a roster spot. Cashman is just throwing garbage at a wall hoping something sticks just like the Durazo signing and the looking at Hidalgo and all the losers this joke of a GM has run in and out of our bullpen the past 4 or 5 years.

He lucked out with Small and Chacon last season or they would not have made the playoffs. The law of probablity says you can't be wrong all the time, but Cashman has proven you can be most of the time. Ponson is not going to be any better than Chacon. In fact, I would think Chacon had a better chance of getting his head out of his butt than does Ponson.

Who would you rather have on the roster instead of him? You have so much fun bashing TJ Beam and Aaron Small...Ron Villone and Mike Myers...etc. etc. etc.

The Yankees did the exact same thing last year by giving Chacon and Small a try. I'm pretty sure you weren't complaining when those two got the Yankees into the playoffs, were you?

I'm not saying that you should expect the same from Ponson, but giving him a try doesn't hurt. He's no worse than anyone else they are having to use. Who knows...maybe he does halfway decent for them. If he doesn't, they've lost nothing.

Give it a rest.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:22 pm

Matthias wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
AT wrote:Yeah, terrible move. We have zero guys to eat up innings right now and we acquired him for nothing, or virtually nothing. Let's all huff and puff about it. :-?

ponson is averaging 4.2 innings a start.

Which isn't too much worse than what Jaret Wright or Shawn Chacon are averaging.

Again, they lose nothing.

i just think that it's funny that this is the barrel that they're scraping at nowadays.

Well I'll agree with that. No reason this team should have to search through the crap heap to find a starting pitcher. However, they've made this bed for themselves, so now they have to do what they can to help the team. Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:23 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:ok i guess i agree with you guys on your point that he isnt hurting anything.

i just dont understand making a lateral move. i mean what can you possibly expect from ponson?

What could you have expected from Aaron Small last year? Or Chacon? At the time the Yankees decided to try them out, you could have said the same things about them.

They went on to surprise everoyne and pitched very well for the rest of the season and in the playoffs. Now, Ponson may or may not do what they did last year. But the point is, the Yankees lose nothing in giving him a try. Who knows.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DeadWinterDay » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:25 pm

BronXBombers51, if they wont listen then let it be, they wont listen but I completely agree with you. Sometimes a change of face will work wonders, and I wouldn't even think about bringing Hughes up now, he's not ready.
DeadWinterDay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Kavorka » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:27 pm

Was Jose Lima too busy???
What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:34 pm

so what is the yanks rotation now?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:39 pm

If this is the best that the Clueless One can do, then there is not much hope. Fact is indeed that they have dug this hole themselves. George re-signed Cashman for 3 years, for reasons only he knows. Don't need Gordon when Farnsworthless is around and we can sign him to a 3 year deal to go along with other rejects like Wright who he signed instead of picking up Lieber's option...and EVERYONE was against the Wright signing.

The simple fact of the matter is that the Yanks wil llikely be playing Golf come early October barring a Detroit implosion. There is no way this team is beating Boston as currently constituted. They have 1 good starter, 1 decent one, a 16 M number 5 in the 3 slot and 2 losers in the 4/5 slots. Their bullpen outside of Mariano is a joke for the 5th consecutive year...hard to be worse than last year, but it is with Gordon being replaced by Farsnworthless. Like this team is going to go on a 10 game winning streak having to endure 6 starts from RJ, Wright and Ponson?

And that is to say nothing of the OF mess with the injuries.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby blankman » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:30 pm

I don't see any problem with the signing.

Lets see what happens.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby dyuen87 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:43 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:If this is the best that the Clueless One can do, then there is not much hope. Fact is indeed that they have dug this hole themselves. George re-signed Cashman for 3 years, for reasons only he knows. Don't need Gordon when Farnsworthless is around and we can sign him to a 3 year deal to go along with other rejects like Wright who he signed instead of picking up Lieber's option...and EVERYONE was against the Wright signing.

The simple fact of the matter is that the Yanks wil llikely be playing Golf come early October barring a Detroit implosion. There is no way this team is beating Boston as currently constituted. They have 1 good starter, 1 decent one, a 16 M number 5 in the 3 slot and 2 losers in the 4/5 slots. Their bullpen outside of Mariano is a joke for the 5th consecutive year...hard to be worse than last year, but it is with Gordon being replaced by Farsnworthless. Like this team is going to go on a 10 game winning streak having to endure 6 starts from RJ, Wright and Ponson?

And that is to say nothing of the OF mess with the injuries.

stop whining already you hypocrite. :-t
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers