Sidney Ponson to the Yankees - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sidney Ponson to the Yankees

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:31 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
AT wrote:Yeah, terrible move. We have zero guys to eat up innings right now and we acquired him for nothing, or virtually nothing. Let's all huff and puff about it. :-?

ponson is averaging 4.2 innings a start.

Which isn't too much worse than what Jaret Wright or Shawn Chacon are averaging.

Again, they lose nothing.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:33 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
AT wrote:Yeah, terrible move. We have zero guys to eat up innings right now and we acquired him for nothing, or virtually nothing. Let's all huff and puff about it. :-?

Which isn't too much worse than what Jaret Wright or Shawn Chacon are averaging.

yea whatever i was just correcting people who are saying he's an inning eater. all he's gonna do is hurt your bullpen. dumb move imo.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:36 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

yea whatever i was just correcting people who are saying he's an inning eater. all he's gonna do is hurt your bullpen. dumb move imo.

Hurt the bullpen? You mean like Wright and Chacon do?

You people are missing the point. Ponson, no matter how bad he may be, CANNOT pitch worse than the Yankees other options. The Yankees are trying to catch lightening in a bottle. Who knows, it might work.

It might not. The point is, they are in no worse shape than they were before they signed him.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Matthias » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:37 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

i just think that it's funny that this is the barrel that they're scraping at nowadays.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:38 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

You people are missing the point. Ponson, no matter how bad he may be, CANNOT pitch worse than the Yankees other options. The Yankees are trying to catch lightening in a bottle. Who knows, it might work.

It might not. The point is, they are in no worse shape than they were before they signed him.

let ponson stay on the cards and hurt them than. or let the bosox take him. why let him come hurt your team?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:40 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

let ponson stay on the cards and hurt them than. or let the bosox take him. why let him come hurt your team?

But that's precisely the point. He's not hurting anything.

To be honest, I would have liked the Sox take a more serious look at him. Jason Johnson has flat out sucked, and Ponson in his place wouldn't be any worse.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:46 pm

ok i guess i agree with you guys on your point that he isnt hurting anything.

i just dont understand making a lateral move. i mean what can you possibly expect from ponson?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:53 pm

Even at a pro-rated portion of the 300 K min salary, he is just a waste of 100K and a roster spot. Cashman is just throwing garbage at a wall hoping something sticks just like the Durazo signing and the looking at Hidalgo and all the losers this joke of a GM has run in and out of our bullpen the past 4 or 5 years.

He lucked out with Small and Chacon last season or they would not have made the playoffs. The law of probablity says you can't be wrong all the time, but Cashman has proven you can be most of the time. Ponson is not going to be any better than Chacon. In fact, I would think Chacon had a better chance of getting his head out of his butt than does Ponson.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:57 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:ok i guess i agree with you guys on your point that he isnt hurting anything.

i just dont understand making a lateral move. i mean what can you possibly expect from ponson?

I'm not sure that they're really expecting anything but when you're in a situation like this, you just need to shake things up and give someone else a try.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikhayl » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:13 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:

His average # of trips to the buffet table at the Sizzler is a far more impressive statistic.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers