Mulder placed on 15 day DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mulder placed on 15 day DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PresHabib » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:52 pm

2 games out at this point is nothing...you can pretty much wave goodbye to first in the east cuz of their 7 game deficit, but you cant possibly sit there and say the sox are doomed because they arent in first at this point...its still anybody's guess for the last two spots in the AL.
"Still quite a while to go" is right.
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:56 pm

pkarr5000 wrote:read the signature

Pkarr.... you make me laugh. You whip this one out occaionally whenever someone says anything remotely bad about the As.

I mean, I admit, I say some crazy thing about my Sox ... but it's almost as if the fact that the statement has been etched in your signature that it has more validity to it.

:-D
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby guest (intrigued) » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:58 pm

What is Calvin (o) ?
guest (intrigued)

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby pkarr5000 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:36 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:

Pkarr.... you make me laugh. You whip this one out occaionally whenever someone says anything remotely bad about the As.

I mean, I admit, I say some crazy thing about my Sox ... but it's almost as if the fact that the statement has been etched in your signature that it has more validity to it.

im glad i make you laugh. now will you please give me a cookie. my milk is getting warm...
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:11 pm

pkarr5000 wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:

im glad i make you laugh. now will you please give me a cookie. my milk is getting warm...

Sure, as long as I get a foot rub. Man, you come up with some of the wierdest posts.

Anyway, I don't think you ever answered my question. Do you think that with Mulder on the DL and if Hudson has extended time away the As can still win it? If so, where will the offense come from?
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby pkarr5000 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:23 pm

well, they have scored a few more runs than expected the last few days, but that was against bostons weak pitching at fenway so i dont know about that one but that just might be the confidence boost they need. the mulder injury isnt too serious and huddy should be back soon. im sure the a's can survive a few days without them. its time for barry to show the world what hes made of.
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:49 am

Transmogrifier wrote:Do you think that with Mulder on the DL and if Hudson has extended time away the As can still win it? If so, where will the offense come from?

Mulder and Hudson can hit?! 8-o Actually they are probably better with a bat than most of the A's lineup.......... :-D I guess that Chavez might be able to out hit Mulder or Hudson.........maybe not. I say when they get back, they get to bat. Maybe then Oakland will score some runs......Lol. :-D Roflmao! :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:27 am

Even though I am a Yanks fan, every day that goes by without an A's win means that they are that closer to not winning with that staff. If the Yanks can't win, then I hope that they do but I am not so sure. Maybe Billy Boy should spend more time looking at his team rather than writing books. That way, they could get some hitting and money to go with their pitching.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby willieroe » Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:30 am

Lofunzo wrote:Even though I am a Yanks fan, every day that goes by without an A's win means that they are that closer to not winning with that staff. If the Yanks can't win, then I hope that they do but I am not so sure. Maybe Billy Boy should spend more time looking at his team rather than writing books. That way, they could get some hitting and money to go with their pitching.

You DO know that Moneyball wasn't written by Billly Boy....
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby West Coast Fan » Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:44 am

A's pitchers are feeling the strain of trying to carry the team. Great ERA but if they give up a couple of runs, they have to bear down cause the offense is offensive. :-t
West Coast Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers