The Idiots at Yahoo strike again!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Idiots at Yahoo strike again!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Idiots at Yahoo strike again!!!!

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:13 pm

Well, I have both Mike Piazza and Jason Phillips on my team. I had benched Piazza and put Phillips in, figuring that the Mets would let Piazza sit for the day game after the night game.

However, I check Yahoo about a half hour ago, and see Piazza batting third and Phillips sitting. So of course, I benched Phillips and put Piazza back in.

Guess what??? Yahoo screwed me and every other Piazza owner caught in this same situation, since he IS on the bench!! I will be REALLY pissed if Phillips does anything substantial today!!

Is there any site more reliable than Yahoo to get accurate lineups? (I tried to verify with ESPN before the game, but they don't post lineups prior to gametime)
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:17 pm

Are you sure Piazza didn't start and was subbed out? It shows Piazza in the batting lineup with 0 ABs. Did he get hurt in the first? I dunno, all I can see is what Yahoo has listed.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby pkarr5000 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:17 pm

mlb gameday cuts it for me.

i hope none of yall who have heart conditions pay attention to yahoo news
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:22 pm

Anonymous wrote:Are you sure Piazza didn't start and was subbed out? It shows Piazza in the batting lineup with 0 ABs. Did he get hurt in the first? I dunno, all I can see is what Yahoo has listed.

No, I turned on the radio, and they specifically said Piazza was sitting because it was a day game after a night game. Phillips was in the starting lineup all along.

Of course, by the time I heard this, Yahoo had already locked me out from changing anything.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LCBOY » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:31 pm

As a genral rule of thumb starting catchers almost always sit the day game after a night game, no matter how good a hitter the starting cather is.
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:33 pm

pkarr5000 wrote:mlb gameday cuts it for me.

i hope none of yall who have heart conditions pay attention to yahoo news

Bingo .... Yahoo is way to unreliable ...
I saw it too Leiter Fan .. I almost benched Phillips and was going to take a chance on C. Wilson.. But then I just went to MLB. :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:40 pm

LCBOY wrote:As a genral rule of thumb starting catchers almost always sit the day game after a night game, no matter how good a hitter the starting cather is.

Yeah, but with the Mets, there is a unique set of problems:

If Piazza isn't catching, will they finally try him at first?
If he's out of the lineup, will Vance or Phillips catch?
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:08 pm

Isn't Phillips an everyday (o) player anyhow now?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:09 pm

Anonymous wrote:Isn't Phillips an everyday (o) player anyhow now?

Everyone gets a day off now and then. Along with Piazza listed in the lineup, they had Tony Clark listed at first (which actually was correct). So, there is a chance that Vance actually would've been allowed to start.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby G-Man » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:55 pm

use mlb gameday, should always reflect the manager cards they turn in....
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers