Morgan Ensberg Now What? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Morgan Ensberg Now What?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Morgan Ensberg Now What?

Postby saktl5 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:23 pm

Now that Houston has traded for Huff, what will happen to Morgan Ensberg?, I can see him losing time in the lineup, hes my third baseman and things are going from bad to worse. He needs to come out of the gates quick from the Alstar break. Its never easy!! LOL!! Any Thoughts??
saktl5
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:52 pm

he might loose some playing time..

but if he does im sure it wont be for too long :-°
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 406)

Postby rentz » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:27 pm

makes me regret not going with my gut and dropping ensberg for aram last week :~(
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:33 pm

Lane was sent down. I do not know what the situation is wrt Wilson and Burke and Taveras in the OF, but someone there migtht be odd man out if they start to stink it up for too long also. Ensberg though may not see al ot of time if Huff gets off to a good start.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Morgan Ensberg Now What?

Postby kemper5 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:35 pm

How much could it effect Ensberg? Astros assigned Lane to make room for Huff and from what I hear Huff and Berkman are alternating at 1st and OF.. Here is a clip from CBS.. Makes sense to me. I think Ensberg stays put with a few spot starts from Huff at 3rd. But not much.

News: The Astros have acquired outfielder Aubrey Huff and Ty Wigginton will likely take over full-time at third in Tampa Bay, barring another trade. Now, the other machinations of this trade on Houston's end are these: Lance Berkman and Huff will play every day in some fashion, first base or right field. Berkman could play some left field again, too, when recently hot Mike Lamb is at first. Also, Preston Wilson, Chris Burke and Willy Taveras will be fighting for what's at most two -- and sometimes one -- outfield spot.

And here is a clip from Rorowire..
Huff will see most of his time in the outfield, but could also play a little third for the struggling Morgan Ensberg. He gives manager Phil Garner incredible flexibility with his lineup. He will play everyday and be a big help to the Houston offense.

BOTTOM LINE: I really would not sweat it Ensberg owners.. Id be very surprised to see Huff play 15 Games at 3rd for the Stros
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:41 pm

Astros should leave Berkman at 1b and not mess with or risk his knee.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:55 pm

And say bye bye to the hitting coach.

Rotoworld:
Astros fired hitting coach Gary Gaetti; named Sean Berry interim hitting coach.
The Astros entered the year with three regulars among the worst hitters in baseball at their positions (Brad Ausmus, Adam Everett and Willy Taveras) and two veterans sure to produce below their career norms (Craig Biggio and Preston Wilson). It's hard to see what Gaetti could have done there. Maybe he deserves some blame for Jason Lane's decline, but if that's the case, he probably deserves credit for how Chris Burke and Mike Lamb have progressed. More than anything else, it might have been Morgan Ensberg's injury troubles that cost him his job. Berry had his one big year in the majors as an Astro in 1996. The 40-year-old was in his second year in the role of minor league hitting coordinator for the club.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Hobbes » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:48 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:More than anything else, it might have been Morgan Ensberg's injury troubles that cost him his job. Berry had his one big year in the majors as an Astro in 1996. The 40-year-old was in his second year in the role of minor league hitting coordinator for the club.

Frankly, if a change in hitting coach can get Ensberg out of his funk, I'm all for it. ;-D
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gigantes » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:58 am

Glad i traded for Aram a few weeks back and picked up Huff last week for my outfield. Now i have to find a way to get rid of Ensberg without dropping him.
gigantes
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby RynMan » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:02 am

I just can't see how a team can't find a spot for their 2nd best hitter. :-?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers