100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Electric Drums

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:03 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I just made a deal with a dude for a 5 piece set for 200 bucks on craigslist.

Non Electric. It comes with to Zjdian? ZBT cymbols. One 13 inch High Hat and a Crash/Ride

Those two symbols retail for 150 combined so I'm hoping the set isn't crap. I'm trying to get in touch with him so I can see what kind of set it is. ;-D

Thanks for the help guys

So waking the neighbors really isn't a priority anymore? :-b

Well I'm not like wall to wall to any neighbors and when I blast my guitar its really not that loud. I'll put some pillows in the bass drum and maybee take the snare's off of the snare or get a practice pad.

We'll see :) I might egg crate the room too ;-D

A few years back we had a garage we used to play in all the time. Neighbors always got really pissed and we'd basically play until someone threatened to kill us or the cops showed up. I was working in a hotel at the time and the housekeeping department got rid of over 100 pillows so I took them (they were clean). We lined that garage with pillows, wall to wall. When you shut the garage door you could still hear it, but much less and we didn't have anymore problems. Summertime was really hot.

Nice..yea there aren't really any windows in this room and the walls are thick. So I'll be cool I think. I'll get some brushes too..

I wish I didn't sell my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Amp but it was too loud. The Mini Marshall I have is good for jamming around
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:12 pm

acsguitar wrote:I just made a deal with a dude for a 5 piece set for 200 bucks on craigslist.

Non Electric. It comes with to Zjdian? ZBT cymbols. One 13 inch High Hat and a Crash/Ride

Those two symbols retail for 150 combined so I'm hoping the set isn't crap. I'm trying to get in touch with him so I can see what kind of set it is. ;-D

Thanks for the help guys

You bought a set without knowing the make? :-o

You didn't spend too much money though, so as long as everything is in one piece, you probably got a decent deal.

If you're playing or learning drums seriously, I would not reccomend an electronic drumset, unless you absolutely have to keep things quiet. I much prefer acoustic sets.

However, if you just want a set to screw around on, and aren't really planning to get in a band, play gigs, etc. then an electric drumset is fine if you have the money for one. They are damn expensive though. The quiet is the best feature.

I'm actually hoping to get one so that I can mess around at 3am and nobody will hear a thing. Good luck. ;-D
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:29 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:

Thanks for the help guys

You bought a set without knowing the make? :-o

You didn't spend too much money though, so as long as everything is in one piece, you probably got a decent deal.

If you're playing or learning drums seriously, I would not reccomend an electronic drumset, unless you absolutely have to keep things quiet. I much prefer acoustic sets.

However, if you just want a set to screw around on, and aren't really planning to get in a band, play gigs, etc. then an electric drumset is fine if you have the money for one. They are damn expensive though. The quiet is the best feature.

I'm actually hoping to get one so that I can mess around at 3am and nobody will hear a thing. Good luck. ;-D

Thanks. Its a percussion sound. 200 bucks is nothing its in pretty much mint condition.

Its not a great set up for me I don't need one. I've been playing the guitar steady for like 12+ years so I just like messing with the drums.

I can hold down a beat pretty good. I just need to work on hitting my toms and using my one crappy cymbol.

I like my hi-hat though. But I want a china splash ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to General Talk