Cheap hotels on the strip in Vegas? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Cheap hotels on the strip in Vegas?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cheap hotels on the strip in Vegas?

Postby Phatferd » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:48 pm

My friends and I decided to go to Vegas this weekend (short notice, so we won't get the best rates). We want to be on the strip, so some of the really cheap places off the strip aren't an option.

I got a rate at the Tropicana for $139 for Saturday and $45 for Sunday. I would love to find a place that is cheaper than the $139 on Saturday.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:50 pm

Circus Circus is usually one of the cheapest whenever I look.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby ThatDude » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:39 pm

There's a little dump of a hotel called the Golden Palm, directly across I-15 from Excaliber. It's just barely off the Strip, but not nearly as far as the Rio, Palms, or the Orleans.

Other than that, Circus is probably your best bet.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Phatferd » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:18 pm

I have one more question. I am going with 4-5 people and we are just gonna do the 2 queen size beds and one will be on the floor or out at the table while the others are sleeping...I told them there will only be 2 people (because they charge like 15 per person per night over 2). Can I get away with this easily or will I run into a hassle? I don't see how they can really find out.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ThatDude » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:30 pm

Phatferd wrote:I have one more question. I am going with 4-5 people and we are just gonna do the 2 queen size beds and one will be on the floor or out at the table while the others are sleeping...I told them there will only be 2 people (because they charge like 15 per person per night over 2). Can I get away with this easily or will I run into a hassle? I don't see how they can really find out.

Depends on how many room keys you try to get.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:31 am

Phatferd wrote:I have one more question. I am going with 4-5 people and we are just gonna do the 2 queen size beds and one will be on the floor or out at the table while the others are sleeping...I told them there will only be 2 people (because they charge like 15 per person per night over 2). Can I get away with this easily or will I run into a hassle? I don't see how they can really find out.

I managed hotels for years and this is rarely an issue. They really don't have any real idea if the other 2 are visiting or staying the night. That said, they may get suspicious if you ask for multiple keys at checkin. After checking in, you can come to the desk and ask for another key 'because you lost yours', but make sure that you or the 1 other guy registered approach the desk. Some places do keep tabs on multiple guests and some places charge extra for room keys. Two things can happen if they find out you have more guests staying with you than you said: 1.They will charge you at check out if it's on a credit card. 2.They will kick you out. Like I said, most hoteliers couldn't care less, but there are exceptions. Make sure you don't do something stupid like ask for a rollaway in a room with 2 beds after saying there's only 2 people staying the night.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 3 run homer » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:56 pm

how about the stratosphere I heard they were cheap a bit off the strip though, to the strip is over rated, you should get a place on freemont street like the golden nugget or binions.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:59 pm

I miss Vegas. :,-(

Sorry, I have nothing worthwhile to contribute seeing as how I stayed at the Luxor and got an ultra cheap rate but also booked a few months in advance when I went. It was also mid week....the rooms were almost free...round trip air fare from NY to Vegas and 3 nights at the Luxor (great room too) for 300 bucks a person. Sweet. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:11 pm

I have an aunt that lives in Vegas. Want to stay with her?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Phatferd » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:54 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I have an aunt that lives in Vegas. Want to stay with her?

How big are her boobs?
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk