rmande09, hybrid and others..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

rmande09, hybrid and others.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

rmande09, hybrid and others.....

Postby J35J » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:52 am

Hey, I was just curious as to where your minor league knowledge comes from? Is it just constant googling and stat searching, do you know people who, who know people? Do you get to see alot of these kids in person or on tv? Are you apart of a mlb or fantasybaseball magazine or web site where you work with others who do the same stuff? Or is it that you guys just don't have jobs and have too much time on your hands to run through all the web sites and check out all the stats, etc. ;-7 j/k

But yeah, I'm just curious as to where your knowledge comes from. Me personally, I just check out a couple sites as much as I can and try to look at all the stats that I can to gather my information, but it doesn't seem to be at the level to where you guys are, though it could be because I have a job :-D

Anyway, like I said I was just curious as I am sure others are as well.

Thanks fellas,

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 621)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Members Only Jackets » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:24 pm

most of us look to our God for knowledge, John Sickles....:-D

http://www.minorleagueball.com/

Good question tho...I'm always curious where people get insight...I know Hybrid actually goes to games and watches the talent first hand.
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby J35J » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:35 pm

Members Only Jackets wrote:most of us look to our God for knowledge, John Sickles....:-D

http://www.minorleagueball.com/

Good question tho...I'm always curious where people get insight...I know Hybrid actually goes to games and watches the talent first hand.

Yeah, I was aware of that as well (hybrid going to some games), thats why I was curious to know......

thanks
Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 621)

Postby jnormy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:14 pm

They'd tell ya, but then they'd have to kill ya... B-)
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 15)

Postby rmande09 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:18 pm

Part of it is me being a complete baseball freak, part of it is the people I work with, and part of it is my job.

But I can't go into specifics, because, as jnormy said, I'd have to kill ya.
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:39 pm

I go to the minor league games myself. I probably go to somewhere around 3 or 4 games a week if I can possibly get there. I visit the Kinston Indians (Clevelands High A club) at least twice a week when they are home. I also go and see the Durham Bulls (Tampas AAA club) one or two times a week. Every now and then I will make the trip to see the Carolina Mudcats (Florida's AA team) as well. Since I live about 6 hours away from any major league team, the best chance I have of watching games are at the local minor teams, and it is a whole lot cheaper as well. ;-D This year I have mainly been just going to Kinston most of the time as I do have several tickets to the box seat right behind home plate. The best thing about those seats are that the scouts sit in the box directly beside me, and I usually can get into some nice conversations with them after the first 3 or 4 innings have passed.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Minor League & College Baseball