Huff traded to Astros (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Huff traded to Astros (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Drunken Rhino » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:07 pm

You can put a claim in for him in your NL-only league, but I wouldn't expect him to be there unless you're playing with a bunch of braindead retards or inactives that have priorities 1 & 2.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dyuen87 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:13 pm

I havent seen a post on this yet, but another issue that arises. With Aubrey Huff out of the picture, a spot opens up in the RF, will Delmon FINALLY get his shot, even with the bat-throwing incident, he's the best prospect in the minors.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Don G. » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:14 pm

This sounds like good news as a Huff owner. He's in a better park and moving over to the NL. Question is, where will he be batting?
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Sunspot » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:14 pm

I wonder if he will play on Thursday? We might lose a game if he doesn't get to Houston right away, which in a week so short that could be a reason to bench him this week.
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:14 pm

Zobrist is the real Greek God of Walks-- moreso than Youkilis (his OBP is 110 points higher than his average!). He hits plenty of doubles, but he doesn't have big pop.

Oh, and he was on the Texas League All Star Team for his Southern Division.
Last edited by teddyballgamemvp on Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:16 pm

dyuen87 wrote:I havent seen a post on this yet, but another issue that arises. With Aubrey Huff out of the picture, a spot opens up in the RF, will Delmon FINALLY get his shot, even with the bat-throwing incident, he's the best prospect in the minors.

If the bat throwing incident had never occurred, Yes I think Delmon would be getting the call right now. But due to the bat throwing incident, I don't think we will see Delmon in Tampa til September.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby go_jays_go » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:16 pm

I like the deal for the Astros. Huff is finally getting into his groove and hopefully he can show what he's really got in Houston. Oh yeah, he's gone from the AL East too. }:-)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby speedy27 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:19 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:I havent seen a post on this yet, but another issue that arises. With Aubrey Huff out of the picture, a spot opens up in the RF, will Delmon FINALLY get his shot, even with the bat-throwing incident, he's the best prospect in the minors.

If the bat throwing incident had never occurred, Yes I think Delmon would be getting the call right now. But due to the bat throwing incident, I don't think we will see Delmon in Tampa til September.

so who's going to replace Huff in the DRay's lineup?
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Tommy John » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:20 pm

I havent seen a post on this yet, but another issue that arises. With Aubrey Huff out of the picture, a spot opens up in the RF, will Delmon FINALLY get his shot, even with the bat-throwing incident, he's the best prospect in the minors.

I too am more interested on the effects this has on the Rays system, does Upton get called up now??

I can't find any info. on it but Upton is on the WW and I would love to have him IF I knew he was going to get the call

Anyone hear anything or have any opinions??
Tommy John
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Another Blown Save » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:21 pm

speedy27 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

so who's going to replace Huff in the DRay's lineup?

Probably Wigginton moving to 3B and Lee at 1B.
Lee has been asking for playing time so this makes everybody happy.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers