Huff traded to Astros (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Huff traded to Astros (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby NZF » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:10 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
NZF wrote:It is well known that Minute Maid does disadvantage left handed hitters but Berkman does have very good power numbers there so I'm not too worried about it. Although there is a expected small decline of RBI's and Runs with a move to the NL, Huff is also going to a better line-up so this effect should be off-set. As long as he makes the league adjustment quickly this doesn't really have any affect in fantasy mixed leagues.

I'm not so sure Houston's lineup is better than Tampa's...

Also, don't forget (not that you did, but anyone) that Berkman's switch, so not all of his power comes from the left side. ;-D

True he is switch but his power numbers at home are far better than on the road and the majority of his numbers at home are against right handed pitching.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:10 pm

Ahhh. Last I saw, the DRays are a pretty decent ffensive squad, esp when Baldelli and Cantu are healthy.

Just what does Houston have after Berkman?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby johnsamo » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:15 pm

The entire NL Central is largely a series of hitter parks.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:15 pm

NZF wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
NZF wrote:It is well known that Minute Maid does disadvantage left handed hitters but Berkman does have very good power numbers there so I'm not too worried about it. Although there is a expected small decline of RBI's and Runs with a move to the NL, Huff is also going to a better line-up so this effect should be off-set. As long as he makes the league adjustment quickly this doesn't really have any affect in fantasy mixed leagues.

I'm not so sure Houston's lineup is better than Tampa's...

Also, don't forget (not that you did, but anyone) that Berkman's switch, so not all of his power comes from the left side. ;-D

True he is switch but his power numbers at home are far better than on the road and the majority of his numbers at home are against right handed pitching.

20 of his 24 HRs from the left side. I hadn't realized that.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 833)

Postby NZF » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:15 pm

giants! wrote:

Houston is not a better lineup than Tampa Bay

:-? You're kidding right.

Houston beats TB in BA, Runs scored, RBI's and OBP and TB has the luxury of a DH and a more friendly hitter homepark. The Houston lineup is definitely stronger than Tampa Bay's.
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NZF » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:20 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Ahhh. Last I saw, the DRays are a pretty decent ffensive squad, esp when Baldelli and Cantu are healthy.

They're terrible. They do rate in HR's but they are second worst in the majors in BA, third worst in Runs scored and dead last in OBP.
Last edited by NZF on Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:20 pm

NZF wrote:
giants! wrote:

Houston is not a better lineup than Tampa Bay

:-? You're kidding right.

Houston beats TB in BA, Runs scored, RBI's and OBP and TB has the luxury of a DH and a more friendly hitter homepark. The Houston lineup is definitely stronger than Tampa Bay's.

Don't forget Tampa had Cantu and Baldelli out for an extended period, and Huff himself contributed quite a bit to the lacking Tampa numbers early this season, when he was batting a cool .200. I think the lineups are closer than the numbers say at this point in the season.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby NZF » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:28 pm

bigh0rt wrote: I think the lineups are closer than the numbers say at this point in the season.

Maybe, but to compare the numbers is the only subjective way to compare the offenses. Anything else is simply conjecture.
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:28 pm

NZF wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Ahhh. Last I saw, the DRays are a pretty decent ffensive squad, esp when Baldelli and Cantu are healthy.

They're terrible. They do rate in HR's but they are second worst in the majors in BA, third worst in Runs scored and dead last in OBP.

You ignore the fact that Baldelli and Cantu missed most of the first half. Crawdord, Lugo, Cantu, Baldelli, Gomes, Wiggington is not all bad. Their basic problem is they get nada out of C and 1b for the most part.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:29 pm

NZF wrote:
bigh0rt wrote: I think the lineups are closer than the numbers say at this point in the season.

Maybe, but to compare the numbers is the only subjective way to compare the offenses. Anything else is simply conjecture.

Oh, I whole heartedly agree. I'm just taking it with a grain of salt, though. That's all. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers