Huff traded to Astros (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Huff traded to Astros (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bleach168 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:49 pm

As an Astros fan. ;-D ;-D ;-D Huff is a great player and should fit in with the Astros nicely for years to come, hopefully.

As a Huff owner, I got mixed feelings. Huff doesn't need a change of scenery, he just needed to find his groove which he already did. Switching to the NL may slow him down a bit as he needs some time to adjust.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Mighty Trow » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:06 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:What does this do to the value of Lugo and Crawford and the expectations of Cantu?

Can't really see it affecting them that much, as Huff has been mostly a non-factor for the better part of the first half. I wouldn't be adverse to seeing more stolen bases though :-b
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Mighty Trow » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:15 pm

bleach168 wrote:As a Huff owner, I got mixed feelings. Huff doesn't need a change of scenery, he just needed to find his groove which he already did. Switching to the NL may slow him down a bit as he needs some time to adjust.

over in the Injury/Player Update forum, bazzy_51 stated that Huff is batting .430+ against NL pitching this year... not sure of the sample size, but i believe he started to find his groove just about the same time as interleague, so i'm hopeful that this indicates a very good second half. and here i was worried about chavez going on the DL... :-]
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stromadd » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:42 pm

The astros aren't taking Lamb out of the lineup. Lamb plays first and Berkman has been in right. I think that will continue with Huff and Ensberg platooning at third. However, it's very possible Lamb moves to thrid, Huff to first, and Berkman in right. In any scenario it appears Ensberg is now going to be platooning until he heats up.
stromadd
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:44 pm

stromadd wrote:The astros aren't taking Lamb out of the lineup. Lamb plays first and Berkman has been in right. I think that will continue with Huff and Ensberg platooning at third. However, it's very possible Lamb moves to thrid, Huff to first, and Berkman in right. In any scenario it appears Ensberg is now going to be platooning until he heats up.

So Huff will lose some time? :-?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:50 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
stromadd wrote:The astros aren't taking Lamb out of the lineup. Lamb plays first and Berkman has been in right. I think that will continue with Huff and Ensberg platooning at third. However, it's very possible Lamb moves to thrid, Huff to first, and Berkman in right. In any scenario it appears Ensberg is now going to be platooning until he heats up.

No way...The Astros desperately need a bat like Huff in their lineup...You don't deal prospects for a platoon guy...Huff will play every day.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:22 pm

StudentOfTheGame wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

No way...The Astros desperately need a bat like Huff in their lineup...You don't deal prospects for a platoon guy...Huff will play every day.

:-°
That's what I was thinking...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)

Postby NZF » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:04 pm

It is well known that Minute Maid does disadvantage left handed hitters but Berkman does have very good power numbers there so I'm not too worried about it. Although there is a expected small decline of RBI's and Runs with a move to the NL, Huff is also going to a better line-up so this effect should be off-set. As long as he makes the league adjustment quickly this doesn't really have any ramifications in fantasy mixed leagues. NL and AL only is a different matter.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:06 pm

NZF wrote:It is well known that Minute Maid does disadvantage left handed hitters but Berkman does have very good power numbers there so I'm not too worried about it. Although there is a expected small decline of RBI's and Runs with a move to the NL, Huff is also going to a better line-up so this effect should be off-set. As long as he makes the league adjustment quickly this doesn't really have any affect in fantasy mixed leagues.

I'm not so sure Houston's lineup is better than Tampa's...

Also, don't forget (not that you did, but anyone) that Berkman's switch, so not all of his power comes from the left side. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby giants! » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:06 pm

NZF wrote:It is well known that Minute Maid does disadvantage left handed hitters but Berkman does have very good power numbers there so I'm not too worried about it. Although there is a expected small decline of RBI's and Runs with a move to the NL, Huff is also going to a better line-up so this effect should be off-set. As long as he makes the league adjustment quickly this doesn't really have any affect in fantasy mixed leagues.

Houston is not a better lineup than Tampa Bay
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers