Psychedelic mushrooms work their magic - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Psychedelic mushrooms work their magic

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:38 pm

We had season passes to King's Island one summer. More 'vitamin A' than 'shrooms but few things are as amusing as getting off of a roller coaster and seeing George Jetson waving at you. The teacup rides, that you can get cranked up to 6,000 rpm before the ride even starts are quite amusing as well. Then there's the Smurf cave...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:11 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:When taken in a safe setting and administered by a professional physician, there is almost no risk.

At least one-third of the volunteers experienced a bad trip, including feelings of intense fear and paranoia, even though they took it under controlled conditions.

That doesn't make it unsafe.

People have bad reactions to medications all the time. Had they had a similar trip in an unsafe setting without a physician on hand, it could have been dangerous.

have you ever been wrong in your life?? seriously.

Your post basically proved my point. Had they been in an unregulated environment and gone through a bad trip with the same feelings it could have been dangerous, but because of the labratory setting it was very safe, despite their bad trip.

But to answer your question, yes, I'm wrong all the time.

Just haven't been shown to be wrong by you yet...step your game up.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:50 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:When taken in a safe setting and administered by a professional physician, there is almost no risk.

At least one-third of the volunteers experienced a bad trip, including feelings of intense fear and paranoia, even though they took it under controlled conditions.

People have bad reactions to medications all the time. Had they had a similar trip in an unsafe setting without a physician on hand, it could have been dangerous.

have you ever been wrong in your life?? seriously.

Your post basically proved my point. Had they been in an unregulated environment and gone through a bad trip with the same feelings it could have been dangerous, but because of the labratory setting it was very safe, despite their bad trip.

Just haven't been shown to be wrong by you yet...step your game up.

you give t bone a bad name.

and you speak of bad trips as being safe. correct me if im wrong but youve never gone through this experience correct? the last thing i would call a bad trip is safe, regardless of your enviroment. the mental anguish that comes with a bad trip can last well beyond the actual wig out.

yea bustin out some high school slang!
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:29 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:have you ever been wrong in your life?? seriously.

Just haven't been shown to be wrong by you yet...step your game up. (true)

you give t bone a bad name.

and you speak of bad trips as being safe. correct me if im wrong but youve never gone through this experience correct? the last thing i would call a bad trip is safe, regardless of your enviroment. the mental anguish that comes with a bad trip can last well beyond the actual wig out.

yea bustin out some high school slang!

A bad trip can create a stronger person and mind just as easily as the opposite.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:41 am

Mushroom or Lamp, I don't care, I'd eat it...sorry, Pabst induced posting...
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:22 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

I definitely don't have an issue with experimenting with any assortment of drugs for medical research. That's how we are able to develop better and better medications (one of the ways). However, when an experiment or drug has been found to cause bad effects/results, you need to stop. Go back to the drawing board and try again.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:16 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Man I think I posted my mushroom story on here one time..man it was horrible

acsguitar wrote:Ok heres my Magic Mushroom story:

Freshman year of college when I still thought I was gonna be a rock star I decided to eat some mushrooms and go to a concert with this chick that I thought was hot. The show was Government Mule and it was at music farm. Now I had eaten the magic little fungi once before and had a good time other then the matrix green code on everyones heads. Well so I brought my fungi to her dorm and we made peanut butter sandwiches as to mask to horrible taste. I thought I was really cool and that I'd probably score because of my mushrooms. Well I got to the show and everything was pretty cool. Then while standing in line it totally hit me. Oh crap I thought I'm not prepared for this. Whoops that wasn't the right thing to think. Got in the show and the music was playing and I calmed down. However, about halfway through the show I noticed that my hands were sticky and sweaty. This freaked me out and when I looke down at my jeans they were changing colors. I thought maybee I had peed myself. So I kept rubbing my jeans with my hands and noticing that my hands were wet. So inevitably this freaked me out. Next the worst possible thing happened. The MUSIC STOPPED! Oh crap I thought what do I do now. I would have to talk to people. Well I tried to talking to the girl I was with and she told me about how awesome she was feeling and I pretended like I was too. Then a crazy old dude in a mullet and leather jacket came up and tried to talk to her. What should I do I thought? Should I say something, Is he hitting on her? Well this became too much for my fragile mind to handle at the moment. So I took off. Left the concert by myself and decided to walk the 2 miles back to my dorm. Well I was still concerned that I may have peed myself so I decided to dip into a dark back alley to pee. Well things were talking to me from behind the dumpster which was really not cool and as I tried to pee I couldn't really tell if I was going or not and If I was going was I still at the concert or was I in the alley. Anyways I freaked out again and ran out of the alley. Thank god I saw a cat in the window of a store and this caught my attention for awhile. I think i stared at the cat and laughed for like 40 minutes or so. People walking by probably were wondering what was wrong with me. Well I don't remmeber much until I got back to the dorm and saw my friend alishia. I told her I had eaten mushrooms and she thought that was really cool. I then told her that I'm freaking out! And she got the point and went to take a walk with me. I saw my friend steve outside and he said "Holy crap your eyes are huge! Awesome" This freaked me out more. So I went and sat by a lake with Alisha for a while to calm down. Well when I got back to the dorm the walls started closing in on me. I 'd look down the hallway and it would go for miles it seemed I looked up and it seemed liike 100 feet to the celing. I thought to myself, Lets go to bed. Wrong. That wasn't happening. So I got on my computer and typed on AIM. Well the keyboard looked like it was about 2 inches big and my hands were monstrous. That was cool. Well i was tired now and the walls were moving. I'd sit back and they'd come at me . I'd lean forward and they'd go away. So I thought to myself "lets turn on some guns n roses and go to sleep. See I love GNR and thought It would calm me down. Well I turned the lights off and stared at the dark ceiling while welcome to the jungle played. I saw the GNR Cross on the celing and was like wow this rocks. Until that climactic moment of thesong when you hear.

"You know where you are? Yer in the jungle baby your gonna die!!!!"

AHHHHHH I ran out of the room in my underwear and made my buddy babysit me for the rest of the night.

Sports center finally brought me back to reality.

Anyways that was the worst experience ever. Don't do drugs

nice story, i never had any trips that bad, but i usually tried to avoid crowds for that reason.

my worst experience was taking 3 hits of Acid that kept me up for 36 hours...that was the worst, never being able to get to sleep at the end
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:08 am

I'm inclined to think that different drugs affect different individuals differently. One person might experience gastrointestinal discomfort from say aspirin but Tylenol might work for them. Once you get into the 'QC' of dudes making stuff in their basement, it is probably a bit 'off' to say that a bad experience = 'proof' that the medication in question is bad.

When I was in college, the people who had bad trips were generally found (after the 'investigation by the fellow travellers, which would not necessarily pass scientific scrutiny...) to have been on lithium or valium or prozac and often to have had some sort of depressive issues to begin with. I kind of look at that sort of medication as a volume knob, which can make your stucco look like mountains or your phone sound blue but, I think that if there are issues, whether diagnosed or undiagnosed in an individual, popping under the counter pharmeceuticals may not be the best decision.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk