Psychedelic mushrooms work their magic - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Psychedelic mushrooms work their magic

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:55 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:When taken in a safe setting and administered by a professional physician, there is almost no risk.


At least one-third of the volunteers experienced a bad trip, including feelings of intense fear and paranoia, even though they took it under controlled conditions.


That doesn't make it unsafe.

People have bad reactions to medications all the time. Had they had a similar trip in an unsafe setting without a physician on hand, it could have been dangerous.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:25 pm

Man I think I posted my mushroom story on here one time..man it was horrible
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:41 pm

You have to be strong of mind, with the right people and in the right setting to have a good trip pretty much every time. I would think psilocybin therapy would be used only in extreme cases for reasons listed and because it changes your mind for like a month. It'd be interesting to see what would happen to psychotics, mentally disabled, autistics, people with multiple personalities and etcetera with this controlled therapy.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1536
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: 6 feet under

Postby ThatDude » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:31 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:bah, mushrooms...LSD is where it's at


Exactly the opposite for me. LSD took me like 3 days to recover from, whereas a bag of caps was always a good time for me.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:46 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Uggh Psychedeclic mushrooms... Worst time ever :-t


:-b

Yeah, I didn't have too many good experiences with 'shrooms either.


Yea they are literally my worst experiences ever


"DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE??? YOU'RE IN THE JUNGLE BABY!!!"

:-D
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:59 pm

acsguitar wrote:Man I think I posted my mushroom story on here one time..man it was horrible


acsguitar wrote:Ok heres my Magic Mushroom story:

Freshman year of college when I still thought I was gonna be a rock star I decided to eat some mushrooms and go to a concert with this chick that I thought was hot. The show was Government Mule and it was at music farm. Now I had eaten the magic little fungi once before and had a good time other then the matrix green code on everyones heads. Well so I brought my fungi to her dorm and we made peanut butter sandwiches as to mask to horrible taste. I thought I was really cool and that I'd probably score because of my mushrooms. Well I got to the show and everything was pretty cool. Then while standing in line it totally hit me. Oh crap I thought I'm not prepared for this. Whoops that wasn't the right thing to think. Got in the show and the music was playing and I calmed down. However, about halfway through the show I noticed that my hands were sticky and sweaty. This freaked me out and when I looke down at my jeans they were changing colors. I thought maybee I had peed myself. So I kept rubbing my jeans with my hands and noticing that my hands were wet. So inevitably this freaked me out. Next the worst possible thing happened. The MUSIC STOPPED! Oh crap I thought what do I do now. I would have to talk to people. Well I tried to talking to the girl I was with and she told me about how awesome she was feeling and I pretended like I was too. Then a crazy old dude in a mullet and leather jacket came up and tried to talk to her. What should I do I thought? Should I say something, Is he hitting on her? Well this became too much for my fragile mind to handle at the moment. So I took off. Left the concert by myself and decided to walk the 2 miles back to my dorm. Well I was still concerned that I may have peed myself so I decided to dip into a dark back alley to pee. Well things were talking to me from behind the dumpster which was really not cool and as I tried to pee I couldn't really tell if I was going or not and If I was going was I still at the concert or was I in the alley. Anyways I freaked out again and ran out of the alley. Thank god I saw a cat in the window of a store and this caught my attention for awhile. I think i stared at the cat and laughed for like 40 minutes or so. People walking by probably were wondering what was wrong with me. Well I don't remmeber much until I got back to the dorm and saw my friend alishia. I told her I had eaten mushrooms and she thought that was really cool. I then told her that I'm freaking out! And she got the point and went to take a walk with me. I saw my friend steve outside and he said "Holy crap your eyes are huge! Awesome" This freaked me out more. So I went and sat by a lake with Alisha for a while to calm down. Well when I got back to the dorm the walls started closing in on me. I 'd look down the hallway and it would go for miles it seemed I looked up and it seemed liike 100 feet to the celing. I thought to myself, Lets go to bed. Wrong. That wasn't happening. So I got on my computer and typed on AIM. Well the keyboard looked like it was about 2 inches big and my hands were monstrous. That was cool. Well i was tired now and the walls were moving. I'd sit back and they'd come at me . I'd lean forward and they'd go away. So I thought to myself "lets turn on some guns n roses and go to sleep. See I love GNR and thought It would calm me down. Well I turned the lights off and stared at the dark ceiling while welcome to the jungle played. I saw the GNR Cross on the celing and was like wow this rocks. Until that climactic moment of thesong when you hear.

"You know where you are? Yer in the jungle baby your gonna die!!!!"

AHHHHHH I ran out of the room in my underwear and made my buddy babysit me for the rest of the night.

Sports center finally brought me back to reality.

Anyways that was the worst experience ever. Don't do drugs
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby ThatDude » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:07 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Man I think I posted my mushroom story on here one time..man it was horrible


acsguitar wrote:Ok heres my Magic Mushroom story:

Freshman year of college when I still thought I was gonna be a rock star I decided to eat some mushrooms and go to a concert with this chick that I thought was hot. The show was Government Mule and it was at music farm. Now I had eaten the magic little fungi once before and had a good time other then the matrix green code on everyones heads. Well so I brought my fungi to her dorm and we made peanut butter sandwiches as to mask to horrible taste. I thought I was really cool and that I'd probably score because of my mushrooms. Well I got to the show and everything was pretty cool. Then while standing in line it totally hit me. Oh crap I thought I'm not prepared for this. Whoops that wasn't the right thing to think. Got in the show and the music was playing and I calmed down. However, about halfway through the show I noticed that my hands were sticky and sweaty. This freaked me out and when I looke down at my jeans they were changing colors. I thought maybee I had peed myself. So I kept rubbing my jeans with my hands and noticing that my hands were wet. So inevitably this freaked me out. Next the worst possible thing happened. The MUSIC STOPPED! Oh crap I thought what do I do now. I would have to talk to people. Well I tried to talking to the girl I was with and she told me about how awesome she was feeling and I pretended like I was too. Then a crazy old dude in a mullet and leather jacket came up and tried to talk to her. What should I do I thought? Should I say something, Is he hitting on her? Well this became too much for my fragile mind to handle at the moment. So I took off. Left the concert by myself and decided to walk the 2 miles back to my dorm. Well I was still concerned that I may have peed myself so I decided to dip into a dark back alley to pee. Well things were talking to me from behind the dumpster which was really not cool and as I tried to pee I couldn't really tell if I was going or not and If I was going was I still at the concert or was I in the alley. Anyways I freaked out again and ran out of the alley. Thank god I saw a cat in the window of a store and this caught my attention for awhile. I think i stared at the cat and laughed for like 40 minutes or so. People walking by probably were wondering what was wrong with me. Well I don't remmeber much until I got back to the dorm and saw my friend alishia. I told her I had eaten mushrooms and she thought that was really cool. I then told her that I'm freaking out! And she got the point and went to take a walk with me. I saw my friend steve outside and he said "Holy crap your eyes are huge! Awesome" This freaked me out more. So I went and sat by a lake with Alisha for a while to calm down. Well when I got back to the dorm the walls started closing in on me. I 'd look down the hallway and it would go for miles it seemed I looked up and it seemed liike 100 feet to the celing. I thought to myself, Lets go to bed. Wrong. That wasn't happening. So I got on my computer and typed on AIM. Well the keyboard looked like it was about 2 inches big and my hands were monstrous. That was cool. Well i was tired now and the walls were moving. I'd sit back and they'd come at me . I'd lean forward and they'd go away. So I thought to myself "lets turn on some guns n roses and go to sleep. See I love GNR and thought It would calm me down. Well I turned the lights off and stared at the dark ceiling while welcome to the jungle played. I saw the GNR Cross on the celing and was like wow this rocks. Until that climactic moment of thesong when you hear.

"You know where you are? Yer in the jungle baby your gonna die!!!!"

AHHHHHH I ran out of the room in my underwear and made my buddy babysit me for the rest of the night.

Sports center finally brought me back to reality.

Anyways that was the worst experience ever. Don't do drugs



That story really makes me want to fry again.

Seriously, it does.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:13 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:When taken in a safe setting and administered by a professional physician, there is almost no risk.


At least one-third of the volunteers experienced a bad trip, including feelings of intense fear and paranoia, even though they took it under controlled conditions.


That doesn't make it unsafe.

People have bad reactions to medications all the time. Had they had a similar trip in an unsafe setting without a physician on hand, it could have been dangerous.


have you ever been wrong in your life?? seriously.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:19 pm

ThatDude wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Man I think I posted my mushroom story on here one time..man it was horrible


acsguitar wrote:Ok heres my Magic Mushroom story:

Freshman year of college when I still thought I was gonna be a rock star I decided to eat some mushrooms and go to a concert with this chick that I thought was hot. The show was Government Mule and it was at music farm. Now I had eaten the magic little fungi once before and had a good time other then the matrix green code on everyones heads. Well so I brought my fungi to her dorm and we made peanut butter sandwiches as to mask to horrible taste. I thought I was really cool and that I'd probably score because of my mushrooms. Well I got to the show and everything was pretty cool. Then while standing in line it totally hit me. Oh crap I thought I'm not prepared for this. Whoops that wasn't the right thing to think. Got in the show and the music was playing and I calmed down. However, about halfway through the show I noticed that my hands were sticky and sweaty. This freaked me out and when I looke down at my jeans they were changing colors. I thought maybee I had peed myself. So I kept rubbing my jeans with my hands and noticing that my hands were wet. So inevitably this freaked me out. Next the worst possible thing happened. The MUSIC STOPPED! Oh crap I thought what do I do now. I would have to talk to people. Well I tried to talking to the girl I was with and she told me about how awesome she was feeling and I pretended like I was too. Then a crazy old dude in a mullet and leather jacket came up and tried to talk to her. What should I do I thought? Should I say something, Is he hitting on her? Well this became too much for my fragile mind to handle at the moment. So I took off. Left the concert by myself and decided to walk the 2 miles back to my dorm. Well I was still concerned that I may have peed myself so I decided to dip into a dark back alley to pee. Well things were talking to me from behind the dumpster which was really not cool and as I tried to pee I couldn't really tell if I was going or not and If I was going was I still at the concert or was I in the alley. Anyways I freaked out again and ran out of the alley. Thank god I saw a cat in the window of a store and this caught my attention for awhile. I think i stared at the cat and laughed for like 40 minutes or so. People walking by probably were wondering what was wrong with me. Well I don't remmeber much until I got back to the dorm and saw my friend alishia. I told her I had eaten mushrooms and she thought that was really cool. I then told her that I'm freaking out! And she got the point and went to take a walk with me. I saw my friend steve outside and he said "Holy crap your eyes are huge! Awesome" This freaked me out more. So I went and sat by a lake with Alisha for a while to calm down. Well when I got back to the dorm the walls started closing in on me. I 'd look down the hallway and it would go for miles it seemed I looked up and it seemed liike 100 feet to the celing. I thought to myself, Lets go to bed. Wrong. That wasn't happening. So I got on my computer and typed on AIM. Well the keyboard looked like it was about 2 inches big and my hands were monstrous. That was cool. Well i was tired now and the walls were moving. I'd sit back and they'd come at me . I'd lean forward and they'd go away. So I thought to myself "lets turn on some guns n roses and go to sleep. See I love GNR and thought It would calm me down. Well I turned the lights off and stared at the dark ceiling while welcome to the jungle played. I saw the GNR Cross on the celing and was like wow this rocks. Until that climactic moment of thesong when you hear.

"You know where you are? Yer in the jungle baby your gonna die!!!!"

AHHHHHH I ran out of the room in my underwear and made my buddy babysit me for the rest of the night.

Sports center finally brought me back to reality.

Anyways that was the worst experience ever. Don't do drugs



That story really makes me want to fry again.

Seriously, it does.


Ugghh I shouldn't have read that again :-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Minor League Skilz » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:01 pm

Great story. I haven't had mushrooms in years, but I remember it was always better when I could avoid "normal" people. You need to be in the right environment to have that experience (preferably outdoors and away from crowds!). I was never the type of person who could trip in a public place like a concert.

concerts= :-o x 10
Image
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1518
Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: THE most comfortable stool in the bar!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 0:12 hours
(and 97 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact