So where did I go wrong? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

So where did I go wrong?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So where did I go wrong?

Postby Commie Bastards » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:23 pm

Ugh, this team has been by far my worst fantasy showing by far, and for the second year in a row Ive been descimated by underachieving players. Here it is, tell me who you think will rebound, and who I just just cut loose. Im in a 16 team keeper league, had last pick in the draft , and we get to keep 6 players. Oh yeah im in dead last .... by a lot, regardless of my efforts to change that fact.

C - Johjima
1 - N. Johnson
2 - Figgins
3 - Ensberg
SS - M Young
Of - Burrell
Of - D Roberts
Of - Feliz
Util - Sexson
B- R. Winn
B - Delmon Young

Sp - Lackey
Sp - Buerhle
Sp - Mulder
Sp - Hamels
Sp - Wake
Rp - Rincon. Sanchez, Wainwright

I punted saves early when everyday eddie lost his touch leaving me uncompetitive with only Joe Nathan. I traded him and Rowand for Buerhle and Ensberg, only for both of them to tank it pretty bad as soon as I got em. Sexson has been god awful, and Young at short, while the average and rbi are there, nothing else seems to be. To make things better I just traded Sheets for Garret Atkins and Chuck James, Im really just trying to rebuild, hopefull they will both pan out. Sheets has done absolutely nothing, same with Mulder, Eddie, Sexson, Ensberg, et all. I cant believe how crappy all those guys have done for me, I should have been at least competitive. Let me know what you think. As of right now I plan on keeping Figgins, Atkins, Young, D. Young, Buerhle, and Lackey, but Im open to substitutions.
Commie Bastards
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bsblallstr » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:29 pm

well, your team is pretty awful this year, if some guys had played up to par you might be doing well, but that is very hard luck, as of now, i would not keep buerhle and i would keep hamels, and maybe going with burrell over figgins, i am an angel fan, and figgins has not been what he was thought to be this year, he looks horrible at the plate, so he only helps with SB. but hamels will be a stud, and burrell if pretty for sure as well, while figgins is a big question mark with little upside besides SB, hamels though could be a fantasy ace. well thats my opinion, sorry about the hard luck man
Reyes and guerrero, the two most blessed players in the league, not to mention the most fun to watch
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bumizitch » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:03 pm

Ensberg should rebound second half. While his HR's are where they should be his avg. is down. Look for him to finish the year batting about .280-.290 with about 35 homers. The astros should finish strong. They have Clemens now He'll help. They're also trying to add a lefty, maybe J. Jones. I'd also grab Pettite if you can. He should get better. So maybe someone dropped him.

Feliz is a streaky hitter. Right now he's hot. So when he cools off swap him out for Winn. He's traditionally a second half player.

Also you shouldn't fret about your pitching. Several of those starters should really turn it on in the second half, particularly Lackey. He should finish with around 18 wins and over 200 K's. Davis is also turning it around as of late.
bumizitch
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Commie Bastards » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:56 pm

Ive always been a guy who banks on Winns second half swoon, rode him from 5th to 2nd in one of my leagues last year, so Im hoping that will pan out as usual. Lackey has been incredible all year, so Im pumped to have him for the next 3 years. Hopefully Young will return to form, but he seems to be wanted by everyone in our league, maybe I can parlay it into something better.

Thanks to all that have responded.
Commie Bastards
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby K Lump » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:26 am

well I think your whole line-up needs help with the exception of Micheal Young and Lackey. You need some offensive studs, and another ace on the pitching staff...and some better closers. but I'm sure you already knew that! I guess just offer some trades and if you're smart with it, your line-up will slowly begin to take shape. ;-)
K Lump
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team