100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

RIP Syd Barrett

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:59 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:I'm also particularly fond of "When the Tigers Break Free", a single that's in the movie of The Wall but wasn't on the LP. Or is it now? I got it on iTunes.

It's currently on the re-release of The Final Cut.

it's also on Echoes:Best of Pink Floyd, which is actually a cool CD itself

Yeah, I meant actual albums though, not Greatest Hits.

When I was growing up in the late 70s/ early 80s, it was only available as a 7", which was ridiculously overpriced in our local head shop/ record store. :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mugrila » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:20 pm

For anybody that loves Dark Side and Pink Floyd, I recommend this dvd. It's a good dvd with the guys talking about making of DSOTM. Very cool to watch and hear what the guys have to say. Of course, Live from Pompeii is sweet too. ;-)

And ACS, you say echoes makes "Meddle", but I like every song on there. One of these days, A Pillow of Winds, San Tropez: I love them all. ;-D
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:18 pm

Has anyone here done the thing with DSOTM and the Wizard of Oz? I did it last summer with my friend and it's pretty awesome. B-) It's also pretty bizarre how the entire thing lines up like that.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:04 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Has anyone here done the thing with DSOTM and the Wizard of Oz? I did it last summer with my friend and it's pretty awesome. B-) It's also pretty bizarre how the entire thing lines up like that.

Yea its really weird. Third roar of the lion right?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:20 pm

acsguitar wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:Has anyone here done the thing with DSOTM and the Wizard of Oz? I did it last summer with my friend and it's pretty awesome. B-) It's also pretty bizarre how the entire thing lines up like that.

Yeah. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:22 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Yeah. ;-D

I was about to bring this up but you guys beat me to it; I tried this when I was in college and it was pretty awesome. I even downloaded an already perfectly synced version.

The tornado scene/"Great Gig in the Sky" and the start of "Money" just as the movie goes to color in Oz are the best.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:31 pm

Coppermine wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Yeah. ;-D

I was about to bring this up but you guys beat me to it; I tried this when I was in college and it was pretty awesome. I even downloaded an already perfectly synced version.

The tornado scene/"Great Gig in the Sky" and the start of "Money" just as the movie goes to color in Oz are the best.

Don't forget when they're listening for the Tin Man's heartbeat, and there's a heartbeat as the record fades out. B-)

And when she's balancing on a fence the lyric "balanced on the biggest wave."

Also, the witch is riding her bike when the bells and stuff during "Time" comes on.

Amazing stuff.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mugrila » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:58 pm

I've tried to do it tons of times but I can't find my copy of Wizard of Oz. :-[
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Ursa » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:41 am

This new DVD remastering Pulse is a must-have for any Floyd fan. It contains a complete live performance of DSOTM as well as many others. Two and a half hours of sheer wonder.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BTC5LW/qid=1152855480/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-9096733-7818503?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:06 am

teddy ballgame wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Yeah. ;-D

Don't forget when they're listening for the Tin Man's heartbeat, and there's a heartbeat as the record fades out. B-)

And when she's balancing on a fence the lyric "balanced on the biggest wave."

Also, the witch is riding her bike when the bells and stuff during "Time" comes on.

Amazing stuff.

Or When they says "Black" and the Bad Witch Apperas, and "Blue" and the good Witch appears. And then they says. "And who knows which is which and who is who"
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk