Rich Harden Breaking News - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Rich Harden Breaking News

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rich Harden Breaking News

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:48 pm

Jul 11 The San Francisco Chronicle's Gwen Knapp reports Oakland Athletics SP Rich Harden (elbow) has given up video games and playing the guitar in fear that it will stunt his recovery from a strained elbow ligament.



:~( sissy
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby Guzman24 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:51 pm

Man Im glad I just unloaded this guy and Burnette for Pedro.
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5304
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 5 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TonyCee » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:59 pm

Wow, this has to be a joke right? :-? lol
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1068
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby namor720 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:04 pm

Maybe he should start trying to throw lefty or even better, take up soccer
namor720
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 51
Joined: 2 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rich Harden Breaking News

Postby chris8 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:32 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:Jul 11 The San Francisco Chronicle's Gwen Knapp reports Oakland Athletics SP Rich Harden (elbow) has given up video games and playing the guitar in fear that it will stunt his recovery from a strained elbow ligament.



:~( sissy

:-? If this is true, why does this make him a 'sissy'? Surely he's trying to do everything he can to help his elbow recover so he can get back to pitching ASAP.
Image
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 7023
(Past Year: 103)
Joined: 13 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Going to see a man about a dog

Re: Rich Harden Breaking News

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:41 pm

chris8 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:Jul 11 The San Francisco Chronicle's Gwen Knapp reports Oakland Athletics SP Rich Harden (elbow) has given up video games and playing the guitar in fear that it will stunt his recovery from a strained elbow ligament.



:~( sissy

:-? If this is true, why does this make him a 'sissy'? Surely he's trying to do everything he can to help his elbow recover so he can get back to pitching ASAP.


if you cant play a video game or play the guitar without risking injury to yourself or hindering a rehab, you are indeed a sissy


and this is true...i got it from his yahoo player page.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby fansmash » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:18 pm

They should also limit his Instant Messsaging time... remember Zambrano had problems when he IM'd his brother for hours on end.
fansmash
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 381
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 1 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikhayl » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:22 pm

This is ridiculous. And let it be a lesson to all of you. Make sure your kids drink plenty of milk.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 839
Joined: 9 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Postby fansmash » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:26 pm

They should also make sure to prohibit him from cutting hedges, for fear of slicing the top of his finger off (a la Bob Ojeda).

They should also make sure he has adequate psycho-therapy for any phobias -- especially arachnophobia, which has been known to cause nightmares which startle baseball players into jumping out of bed and into glass tables and tumbling down stairs (a la Glenallen Hill).
fansmash
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 381
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 1 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mushman05 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:39 pm

I'd whoop Harden in Madden!!! ;-D
**2006 Summer Bums League Champion**
mushman05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 644
Joined: 6 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact