Surprises who will remain Surprises - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Surprises who will remain Surprises

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Surprises who will remain Surprises

Postby MightyMets » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:00 pm

Studs/surprises who most people will think come down a notch who you see as maintaining close to the pace they have set. Pretty much "sell high" candidates who you think should not be sold high.

1. Liriano
2. BJ Ryan
3. Wells
4. C. Ray
5. Dye
6. Thome
7. Morneau
8. Bonderman
9. Thames
10. Haren
11. Howard
12. M. Cabrera
13. Beltran
14. Soriano
15. Pujols
16. Berkman
17. C. Lee
18. Zambrano
19. Webb
20. Nomah
MightyMets
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:02 pm

how is pujols a surprise?? and if he is, how is he 16th? this topic is quite stupid

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MightyMets » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:09 pm

Do you not like my avatar Philly? It is in no order and if you predicted that Pujols would put these numbers up in the 1st half you are one of the few. Even for him his 1st half numbers were outstanding all im saying is he will keep the production that high. Sorry for creating stupid threads.
MightyMets
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:16 pm

you actually dont have an avatar (the pic under ones name).... i just think you're fishin for thread topics and this list is quite silly.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DK » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:31 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:you actually dont have an avatar (the pic under ones name).... i just think you're fishin for thread topics and this list is quite silly.

So why not start your own topic of intelligent conversation, rather than bash the ones you simply don't like? :-?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Doughhead » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:44 pm

It's a legit thread, but I think we can disregard some of the names (Pujols and Berkman at least). In general though, the thread idea is useful--he makes a good point about many of these guys, such as Morneau, Dye, and Nomar, who were end-of-the-draft guys that emerged as elite contributors. Will they remain so? I think that's a fair question. Instead of picking on a few of the names he chose, why not think a bit about the question?
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Re: Surprises who will remain Surprises

Postby markj11 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:51 pm

1. Liriano :-t - It's hard to believe a rookie could continue at that level
2. BJ Ryan ;-D
3. Wells ;-D
4. C. Ray ;-D
5. Dye :-t
6. Thome ;-D
7. Morneau :-t - He's breaking out but he will slow down
8. Bonderman :-t
9. Thames :-t
10. Haren :-t
11. Howard :-t
12. M. Cabrera ;-D
13. Beltran ;-D
14. Soriano ;-D
15. Pujols :-t - Not even Pujols can duplicate the numbers he was putting up
16. Berkman ;-D
17. C. Lee ;-D
18. Zambrano :-t
19. Webb :-t
20. Nomah :-t
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:58 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:how is pujols a surprise?? and if he is, how is he 16th? this topic is quite stupid

Seems to me like you're just antagonizing this guy...in a few threads now. Don't read it if it's stupid.

I on the other hand think it's a good topic. More of a list of guys who have been overshadowed that will keep up their good starts despite not being widely recognized.

Chris Ray is definately a good one. Dye will gain more recognition with the HR Derby. Dan Haren is another good one that I think will have a good 2nd half but may not be in the spotlight. Zito usually turns it on in the 2nd half too.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MightyMets » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:11 pm

in regards to Pujols before his injury he was going for as high as a 1st and 4th rounder (even 1st and 3rd rounder). If offered that deal now would you sell high? (I know it depends on which 1st and 4th rounder) but the point remains I would not while i think many people would. For instance Ortiz and rivera for Pujols? D.Lee and Zambrano for pujols? Beltran and Crawford for Pujols? Makes for interesting debate you think there is no chance he duplicates his first half numbers he's a sell high for all 3 of these deals. I would only take the 3rd trade as a Pujols owner (which i am not).
MightyMets
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby markj11 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:18 pm

I was saying he is not going to put up the numbers he was before the injury. Remember he was on pace for something like 80+ tators, I don't think he can do that again. He is the best in baseball and I would even say the best in a very long time but I don't think anyone can put up numbers that he was on pace for.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers