Need power #'s to stay on top --Whir - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need power #'s to stay on top --Whir

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need power #'s to stay on top --Whir

Postby bennyz » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:58 pm

12 team 5x5 roto, non-keeper

Sitting in 1st by ~ 4 pts. Struggling in the HR (3 of 12) and RBI (4 of 12) dept. What moves (trades) would you recommend for the 2nd half. An obvious needed upgrade is at 1B. Would you guys/gals consider trading Liriano away for a top flight 1B (such as Ortiz or Thome)

Some potential trade options:

F Liriano for Ortiz/Thome/R Howard/Berkman
Beckett and thrown in for Morneau/Konerko

I also can move a middle IF (Rollins, Cantu, Roberts, M Young)

My team:

C J Mauer
1B S Hillenbrand
2B B Roberts
3B S Rolen
SS J Rollins
OF V Guerrero
OF C Beltran
OF G Mathews Jr
Util M Young
BN: Bonds, Cantu

SP Liriano, Halladay, Jer Weaver, J Beckett, Vazquez, Escobar, Sheets, Harden-DL
RP Street, Gordon, Putz

Any advice appreciated.
bennyz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaronta » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:30 pm

Cantu should put up some power if he can stay healthy...I wouldn't trade him away.

Beckett and Young for the Morn/Konerko trade would be nice...You are not giving up to much avg. and I don't think Beckett will be that great in the second half.

Just my opinions...good luck[/url]
aaronta
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ranger Roto » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:23 pm

Ortiz or Berkman are good guys to go after if you're throwing around Liriano. You might also try and get Teixera for decent value. He probably won't approach last year's numbers, but I think he will definitely produce better than his current pace. Thome is one of those guys where you're happy if you have him, but I wouldn't pursue him in a trade at this point. Maybe if he slumps a little and is given up on, but his value now is higher than what you should be giving up for him.

I like Konerko more than Morneau simply because Konerko seems to be the steadier player in a more potent lineup. He is more of a sure thing than Morneau, even if they end up putting up similar numbers.

I think Young will pick it up as well, but Matthews' value may be at its peak. I don't think he will fall completely off the map, but he probably won't keep his avg where its at now and the rest of his categories are likely to suffer a little as a result. Use him in a deal to possibly upgrade in the OF or at 1B.
Ranger Roto
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team