Has anyone checked out ARod's line for the past month? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Has anyone checked out ARod's line for the past month?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby guest » Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:39 am

I am the biggest Rangers/ARod fan in the world, but don't even think about him in the MVP race. I watch every game. His early season performance was garbage. Show me something when it counts ARod. Quit popping up/grounding into double plays with guys in scoring position. I don't care what he does when the Rangers are way way out. Do it in April, May and June. He'll finish with awesome numbers, maybe even 50 HRs (better get on it, ARod), but he failed the Rangers this tear and last with his early season performance.

Tell me I'm wrong Madison?

Am I right? From a baseball point of view, not Fantasy point of view.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Madison » Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:51 am

guest wrote:I am the biggest Rangers/ARod fan in the world, but don't even think about him in the MVP race. I watch every game. His early season performance was garbage. Show me something when it counts ARod. Quit popping up/grounding into double plays with guys in scoring position. I don't care what he does when the Rangers are way way out. Do it in April, May and June. He'll finish with awesome numbers, maybe even 50 HRs (better get on it, ARod), but he failed the Rangers this tear and last with his early season performance.

Tell me I'm wrong Madison?

Am I right? From a baseball point of view, not Fantasy point of view.

I agree that Arod's play (or lack there of) in the beginning of the season set a very bad tone for the Rangers this year. I remember when it was close to impossible to shut the Rangers out. It happened quite frequently this season. Overall, his numbers will still be outstanding for a SS. If he had been more consistant this year, then I would say he's been great. Unfortunately that isn't the case. Started off in a bad way, now has gotten very, very hot. I know he had a herniated disk in his neck that was causing him problems and I admire him for playing through it, but it severly affected his performance early in the season.

I do think that if he finishes with 45 or more home runs, his name will be one to consider for the MVP. I can't say right now if he would deserve to get the award, but I'll have an opinion as the year comes to a close.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby G-Man » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:55 am

he is absolutely tattooing the ball.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers