Has anyone checked out ARod's line for the past month? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Has anyone checked out ARod's line for the past month?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Has anyone checked out ARod's line for the past month?

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:14 pm

8-o

36 R, 13 HR, 30 RBI, 9 SBs, hitting 393 in 29 games played. He also has a 2 run shot tonight.

ARod had been severely undervalued by several of the members of this board, particularly in the trade forum. I hope everyone has taken note.

Has Pujols put together a string like that in a 29 game period this year? I'm sure it's possible, but I don't remember.

I had been considering this an off year for ARod, but he's turned it around big time, and I have dropped that consideration recently.
Last edited by CBMGreatOne on Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:15 pm

I'm loving every minute of it. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby eftda » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:15 pm

yea, everytime i check the box score i see:

hr: arod (3*)

*= whatever he is on, it changes EVRYDAY
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:16 pm

That's simply amazing. I feel bad for having dropped Alex Rodriguez now. By the way, before you guys all go crazy, this was a salaried and points league. Anyhow, Berroa did fine for me but Smoltz hasn't been living up to my expectations so far :(

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:21 pm

ARod for AL MVP? Maybe it's a stretch right now, ESPECIALLY considering his team has been totally out of it since July, but if he gets to fifty home runs (still possible) and puts up ARod numbers the rest of the way, I think a case could be made for him, especially with the decline in Delgado's performance.

Remember the all star selections when people were complaining about Nomar not getting the nod over ARod at starting shortstop... Nomar who?
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby guest » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:26 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:ARod for AL MVP? Maybe it's a stretch right now, ESPECIALLY considering his team has been totally out of it since July, but if he gets to fifty home runs (still possible) and puts up ARod numbers the rest of the way, I think a case could be made for him, especially with the decline in Delgado's performance.

If he didn't get it last year, I'll say there is no chance he does this year. ESPN has a couple articles about this up today ... I agree with them, Giambi or Ichiro will win.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:42 pm

I have to agree that Arod is a big longshot to get the MVP this year.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:52 pm

I love Ichiro and Giambi, but in my opinion, neither has put themselves in a position where they were the obvious choice for MVP. This season you have three guys in the NL who would easily win the MVP in the AL: Bonds, Pujols, and Sheffield.

Sure Giambi has turned his season around, but April still happened. It still plays a large role in his 267 BA. Ichiro is a terrific leadoff man, but he just doesn't have the numbers across the board that ARod has, and neither does anyone else. Brett Boone could win it, and I happen to think that he has the best shot at this point, but I don't see him as more valuable than ARod.

I agree that ARod's a long shot, but I'd really like to see someone make a serious push for this award, and, in my mind, ARod is the only one currently doing it.

Honestly, I can only really think of five candidates at this point:
ARod, Boone, Ichiro, Giambi, and Delgado, maybe you could throw Maggs in for good measure as Kurkjian has done recently. In any case, someone will probably emerge, there's still 35 or so games to be played.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:59 pm

I agree that the AL MVP is far from decided. The last few games will determine who gets it.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:08 pm

Arod was killing me the first few months. Not that he was bad, but he didn't deserve the first overall pick. The Soriano owner was laughing at me (oddly, though, the Unit and Vlad owner weren't!)... and now I'm laughing at him.

Arod has carried my team back to first!!!

;-D
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers