Ryan Howard - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ryan Howard

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Splendid61 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:15 pm

^Howard has essentially played the equivalent of a full MLB season the last 2 years (due to the fact he played in September both of those years).

2004 - 150 games, 48 HR, 136 RBI (102 games in AA, 29 in AAA, 19 in MLB)
2005 - 149 games, 38 HR, 117 RBI (61 games in AAA, 88 in MLB).

After the All Star Break in 2005, Howard hit .298 with 19 HR and 52 RBI.

He's on pace to play 155 games for the Phils this year (not much more than he played the last 2 years at all levels). Where's the evidence that he's not going to be able to handle playing productively in that many games?

Splendid61
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:40 pm

hey guy, relax...there is no evidence nor is there a definite claim that he will..... i just read a story and when a guy says hes TIRED, i just figured it could be something to look into and to inform..im not saying he IS or he DEFINITELY will.....just a thought....

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tol1l1yboy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:10 pm

I think you are going to see a lot of guys slow down as the season gets longer. No more uppers to take. I wonder if a lot of guys are going to the doctor to get treatment for ADHD and what have you since then they can take the legal pharmaceutical grade ones ;)
tol1l1yboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Splendid61 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:53 pm

while hes not considered "rookie" by MLB standards, he still hasnt endured a full 162 season yet in his short career.

It just seemed like you were basing your prediction on the above statement, which is incorrect. Given routine days off, most major leaguers play between 150-155 games in a full 162-game season. Howard has basically accomplished that feat in both of his last 2 seasons.

The article says he's tired and needs to rest, but most players are somewhat tired at the break. So relative to other players, I don't think he's an above-average candidate to slow down this season. I mean he hit 10 homers in September last year and we're entering the dog days of summer, so balls are going to be flying out of Citizens Bank Park.

Splendid61
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:32 am

agreed but i was just keeping people informed to what i saw and read, take what you will from it... !+)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates