best pitcher for 3 year keeper - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

best pitcher for 3 year keeper

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dundeeslugger » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:30 am

so most of you think that Billingsley will outperform Hughes and Bailey next year?

What do you think about wins though. If the main category you needed was wins wouldn't Hughes and Bailey be safer bets?
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: best pitcher for 3 year keeper

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:26 pm

1. Billinsley-closest to the majors(in the majors already). his AAA stats weren't eye popping but Las Vegas is a big hitters park. I think he can fix his control problem. But the thought that the Dodgers screwed up Edwin Jackson scares me a little.
2. Phil Hughes-second best SP prospect(behind Pelfrey) in the minors now, is still only in AA but I believe he's only 19 or 20 and is dominating AA right now. With pitcher I'd rather go with performers at higher level than go with potential at lower level because so much can go wrong. But I really can't see anything wrong with Hughes.
3. Homer Bailey-same as Hughes, ace stuff, HS draftee. But the same concern too, still in AA. And who's the last good SP that the Reds developed?
4. Garza-I've read that he doesn't have as good stuff as Hughes and Bailey. But the stats says otherwise. The only concern is that the Twins has so many SP prospect that if he stumble in the future his prospect status will fall really quickly among their SP prospects.
5. Chuck James-there were question about his longevity before the season started and some say that he's better suited for the pen. Doing just fine this year but not ace type.

I really don't know much about Gorzelanny or Gallardo
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:27 pm

dundeeslugger wrote:so most of you think that Billingsley will outperform Hughes and Bailey next year?

What do you think about wins though. If the main category you needed was wins wouldn't Hughes and Bailey be safer bets?

Cincy is a good team? And will the Yankees keep Hughes? Wins are hard to predict. You are better off going with the best pitcher.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby hybrid » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:23 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:4. Garza-I've read that he doesn't have as good stuff as Hughes and Bailey. But the stats says otherwise. The only concern is that the Twins has so many SP prospect that if he stumble in the future his prospect status will fall really quickly among their SP prospects.

Stuff doesn't go hand and hand with stats really. That is one reason you will always hear the arguements of scouts vs statheads. Scouts look much more at stuff and other variables that don't show up with stats. While statheads are more or less the opposite. Garza is also older and had more time in college before he faced minor league pitching
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:30 pm

hybrid wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:4. Garza-I've read that he doesn't have as good stuff as Hughes and Bailey. But the stats says otherwise. The only concern is that the Twins has so many SP prospect that if he stumble in the future his prospect status will fall really quickly among their SP prospects.

Stuff doesn't go hand and hand with stats really. That is one reason you will always hear the arguements of scouts vs statheads. Scouts look much more at stuff and other variables that don't show up with stats. While statheads are more or less the opposite. Garza is also older and had more time in college before he faced minor league pitching

but his k rate is absolutely rediculous right now.

Well, you are probably right.
Last edited by PlayingWithFire on Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:37 pm

dundeeslugger wrote:so most of you think that Billingsley will outperform Hughes and Bailey next year?

You can never predict wins. Bailey in Cincy is a bit more scary then Billingsley in LA though as LA is a monster pitchers park, and Cincy is the opposite. The word is Hughes is basically untouchable in the Yankee system, but if they stay behind the Red Sox the rest of this month, I could see the Yanks offering Hughes up for a veteran pitcher or outfield bat.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball