After a huge Revamp how am I looking? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

After a huge Revamp how am I looking?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Frappy » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:04 pm

Your farm team is awesome man, I just hope for us both that Matsuzaka is posted this offseason. I have him as well, he flies under the radar in alot of prospect drafts - nice pick. Hopefuly matsuzaka can land on a team not in the AL east, but that looks doubtful because I dont see a team like the Mariners outbidding the Yankees (Who want Daisuke VERY MUCH).

Anyway, great job on the Clemens trade - I doubt whoever that pick you traded is will not be worth what Clemens can do for you in this final stretch and hopefuly a playoff run for you. You even got a draft pick back yourself, very nice.

As of now I think your team will make the playoffs, but I would look into OF upgrades or hot bats on the market. Also in a keeper league, Sheets for a 1st round pick sounds like a good deal. If healthy, as you mentioned, Sheets would be a top keeper - way more worthy than a 1st round pick.

Your team looks unbelievable for 07' though,

- Matt

P.S. - I love your league setup there, is it pretty active? Cost?

Could you evaluate my team please? Thanks!
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=227560
Frappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:02 pm

Frappy wrote:Your farm team is awesome man, I just hope for us both that Matsuzaka is posted this offseason. I have him as well, he flies under the radar in alot of prospect drafts - nice pick. Hopefuly matsuzaka can land on a team not in the AL east, but that looks doubtful because I dont see a team like the Mariners outbidding the Yankees (Who want Daisuke VERY MUCH).

I just posted this in another thread. I can't see any way that Matsuzaka does not post. Seibu gets about $20 million if they let him post and NOTHING when he leaves in 2008 if they don't. That's a no brainer. And he was definitely under the radar - I got him with the 66th pick overall in our 2006 prospect draft - our first prospect draft so all of the players were available if they were under 130ab/50ip.

Frappy wrote:Anyway, great job on the Clemens trade - I doubt whoever that pick you traded is will not be worth what Clemens can do for you in this final stretch and hopefuly a playoff run for you. You even got a draft pick back yourself, very nice.

Yeah, I was very happy with the trade for Clemens. The pick back was required though...we have to maintain 15 picks in the draft so it's just a question of how many picks you have in each round.

Frappy wrote:As of now I think your team will make the playoffs, but I would look into OF upgrades or hot bats on the market. Also in a keeper league, Sheets for a 1st round pick sounds like a good deal. If healthy, as you mentioned, Sheets would be a top keeper - way more worthy than a 1st round pick.

I'm really questioning whether Sheets is enough of an upgrade over Penny given the risk to even warrant a 2nd rounder now. He's great but I'd rather go with the less risky Penny at this point.

Frappy wrote:P.S. - I love your league setup there, is it pretty active? Cost?

I don't play fantasy baseball for money at this point...this is just a standard Yahoo free league that was started by some people a couple years back. I was lucky enough to join them when they had an owner leave after last season. It's a very fun league and even has a couple other posters from here at the Cafe in it (which incidentally is how I found the league - the Classifieds here).
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team