Peavy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Peavy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby joselnceldran » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:21 am

fianlly peavy getting his groove back just in time too just traded for him.
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby number9 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:56 am

Doh, had him on the bench because of his recent starts.

Hopefully he's back in the groove for good now.
number9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigmoney » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:36 pm

following that last start, do you all think peavy is back to his dominant form? I really want to trade for him but would probably have to give up a pitcher like Contreras. What's the risk on Peavy right now?
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Philliebuster » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:49 pm

bigmoney wrote:following that last start, do you all think peavy is back to his dominant form? I really want to trade for him but would probably have to give up a pitcher like Contreras. What's the risk on Peavy right now?

What was wrong with his last start? 7IP, 1ER, 1BB, 6H, 3K....that equates to a 1.29 ERA and 1.00 WHIP. You got a problem with that? I don't.....it's not DOMINANCE, but it's a great start. I know you didn't draft Peavy for 3K in 7IP, but you can't expect someone to K 12 every start. Read this tread and you'll get the gist...

He'll always have the poor mechanics stigma floating over him, those saying that he will breakdown any minute, but if healthy and on he is a top 3 pitcher in baseball....this equates to me as HIGH reward, moderate risk.

If someone offered me Contreras for my Peavy I couldn't accept the deal.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:56 pm

Philliebuster wrote:
bigmoney wrote:following that last start, do you all think peavy is back to his dominant form? I really want to trade for him but would probably have to give up a pitcher like Contreras. What's the risk on Peavy right now?

What was wrong with his last start? 7IP, 1ER, 1BB, 6H, 3K....that equates to a 1.29 ERA and 1.00 WHIP. You got a problem with that? I don't.....it's not DOMINANCE, but it's a great start. I know you didn't draft Peavy for 3K in 7IP, but you can't expect someone to K 12 every start. Read this tread and you'll get the gist...

He'll always have the poor mechanics stigma floating over him, those saying that he will breakdown any minute, but if healthy and on he is a top 3 pitcher in baseball....this equates to me as HIGH reward, moderate risk.

I think the poster you responded to agrees with you that Peavy looked good and was wondering whether he should go for the Contreras/Peavy deal. I agree with everything else that you posted though in that Peavy is a high risk/high reward guy and that I would definitely want the Peavy side of that deal.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby bigmoney » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:09 pm

ok that's what I figured. Contrerars isn't a bad pitcher himself...he is definitely very low risk, especially considering how many quality starts he's has this season (never dominant, just quality)

I justed wanted to feel more confident about Peavy's health status before offering one of my better pitchers for him.
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Philliebuster » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:14 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
Philliebuster wrote:

I think the poster you responded to agrees with you that Peavy looked good and was wondering whether he should go for the Contreras/Peavy deal. I agree with everything else that you posted though in that Peavy is a high risk/high reward guy and that I would definitely want the Peavy side of that deal.

Yeah, I downgraded him from high risk to moderate only based upon he and his managers recent interviews, and his recent starts. I think he is aware of his mechanics issues, has tweaked his windup in a way to hopefully extend his pitching life.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates