Peavy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Peavy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby markj11 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:32 am

Has anyone seen any word on how the bullpen session went?
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:35 am

From Rotowire

Peavy is working on some adjustments in-between starts with pitching coach Darren Balsley. The biggest adjustment is slowing the pace of his changeup, which he has not used much recently because its velocity has increased to the mid-80s. The news was reported by the Padres' official site.

"I think he's on the verge of putting it together. He had a good bullpen [session on Sunday]; we made a couple tweaks, nothing that the average fan would even notice," Balsley said. Peavy, whose record has fallen to 4-10 on the year, will start on Wednesday afternoon against Dodgers right-hander Brad Penny.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby joselnceldran » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:19 pm

sounds good to me...hope he finally gets his act together..and the red sox rumor...come on both sides would not accept that trade offer its crazy. wouldnt work for my sox (well it wouldnt hurt to have peavy) but then Padres would be losing their corner stone SP...no way.
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pappymojo » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:28 pm

red sox fan here...

I was watching the post game interview with Francona the other day, and Tito told a story about how he met with Lowell and said something to the effect of "Theo wants you to know that there's no truth to the trade rumor at all,... but that if the Padres did offer the trade, he would have accepted it in an instant."

It was a lighthearted joke between the manager and his player, but I think that there is probably a grain of truth to it.
pappymojo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Don G. » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:42 pm

well i just dealt for him yesterday....i needed to drop a pitcher to activate sheets but instead traded felix hernandez & cliff lee for peavy in the hopes he'll turn it around...all around im happy as hell with the deal....only thing that sucks is that he's on my roster on thursday and he's starting on wednesday....:(
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:00 pm

Don G. wrote:well i just dealt for him yesterday....i needed to drop a pitcher to activate sheets but instead traded felix hernandez & cliff lee for peavy in the hopes he'll turn it around...all around im happy as hell with the deal....only thing that sucks is that he's on my roster on thursday and he's starting on wednesday....:(

Great deal if Sheets and Peavy stay healthy enough to pitch effectively. Unfortunately you may end up with two DL's before it's over. Not posting this to criticize either...I would have done the same thing in your shoes and I even have Sheets and Peavy both on one of my teams (traded for Sheets and picked up Peavy as a FA in that one). It's a pitching staff that will make you sweat. :(
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Don G. » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:27 pm

Great deal if Sheets and Peavy stay healthy enough to pitch effectively. Unfortunately you may end up with two DL's before it's over. Not posting this to criticize either...I would have done the same thing in your shoes and I even have Sheets and Peavy both on one of my teams (traded for Sheets and picked up Peavy as a FA in that one). It's a pitching staff that will make you sweat. :(

Actually I'm in the same boat as you. I didnt' draft either of them but did the opposite of what you did. I picked up Sheets as an FA when a friend of mine was stupid and dropped him. Peavy I just dealt for. If Peavy comes back strong in the 2nd half (from everything I'm hearing, he's getting his mechanical issues fixed) then he easily outweighs having Cliff Lee & Felix. As for Sheets, I don't think they would have brought him back unless he was definetly ok....it would be to much of a risk to their future and they already have him locked in on a deal. I'm confident in both of them.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazing Oopah » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:50 pm

If Peavy can't get a good start against the slumping Dodgers.... !+) !+) !+)
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Blue Bear » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:34 pm

Don G. wrote:

Actually I'm in the same boat as you. I didnt' draft either of them but did the opposite of what you did. I picked up Sheets as an FA when a friend of mine was stupid and dropped him. Peavy I just dealt for. If Peavy comes back strong in the 2nd half (from everything I'm hearing, he's getting his mechanical issues fixed) then he easily outweighs having Cliff Lee & Felix. As for Sheets, I don't think they would have brought him back unless he was definetly ok....it would be to much of a risk to their future and they already have him locked in on a deal. I'm confident in both of them.

I just gave up verlander & lester for him... I'm holding my breath. I like him better than those two for the rest of the year.
Blue Bear
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby joselnceldran » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:04 am

lets hope the injury to nomar affects the rest of the dodgers so peavy can wiggle out a win hahahaha
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates