I need help w/ pitching, WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I need help w/ pitching, WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I need help w/ pitching, WHIR

Postby waltb87 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:46 pm

im in a h2h yahoo league w/ 12 people, and im in first but im not sure my pitchers can hold up the second half of the season. The stats are Wins, Saves, ERA, WHIP, and Strikeouts.

My pitching staff is:

Bronson Arroyo, Johan Santana, Justin Verlander, Jered Weaver, AJ Burnett, Roy Oswalt, Jon Lester, and Randy Johnson.

Papelbon and Todd Jones are making up the relievers. I am 8-4-1 w/ saves, and ive been winning that category by the skin of my teeth.

Will my starters hold up til the end of the season. Should i replace some of my starters w/ FA? Should i make sum trades? Im trying to get Isringhausen by trading Randy Johnson. But im not sure.

Some FAs right now are:

Ching Ming Wang(the guy from the Yankees), Scott Olsen, Zach Miner, Chan Ho Park, Kelvim Escobar, Matt Morris, El Duque, Batista, Julio, Kenny Ray, Burgos, Bob Wickman

Should i pickup any of these guys, if so who should i drop? Should i make trades? What should i do?
waltb87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheOther1 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:43 pm

I think your SP staff looks solid for a 12 team league, Johnson being the weakest link. I would see what you can offer as far as hitters along with Ra. Johnson to pick up one more good closer. However, I would be more inclined to keep Johnson if you are also barely winning W's and K's.
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile"
-Grateful Dead

Take a look at my team, help is always appreciated:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2317159#2317159
TheOther1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:01 pm

i agree with the above post, and also shop around arroyo, i really do not think cincy will keep this up in the 2nd half...and if you look at it one of 2 things will happen...he will end up on the DL after he KILLS his arm pitching to far into games because the bullpen SUCKS...or the bullpen will blow the W's for him...trade him while his stock is high you need another top closer as Jone's era is TERRIBLE and he hasn't even hit double digit strikeouts yet this year...good staff tho

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby BoSoxWin04 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:56 pm

If there was one guy to pick up it would be Scott Olsen. I have had him for the past couple months and he is pretty solid. I would drop Randy Johnson as he seems to be the weakest link.
BoSoxWin04
T-Ball Trainer

Postby waltb87 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:45 pm

i appreciate the help yall, think i may try to make a trade...right now im looking at bronson and randy for schilling and street....maybe?
waltb87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ChipperJonesFanatic » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:24 am

^^^^^ if you could get that trade, I would def. do it.
Member #4 Of "The Official Zack Greinke Fan Club"
ChipperJonesFanatic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby waltb87 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:41 am

well the trade....my arroyo and randy johnson for his chris carpenter and street never went down because he never responded, so im looking at another trade which is again arroyo and randy johnson for joe nathan and scott kazmir....he was the same guy i got johan for lackey from.
waltb87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ragged25 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:36 pm

You gotta be kidding me right? Johan for Lackey? How long ago was this deal made? If he's done that type of moves in the past then he will probably give you Kazmir. Trading Johnson is definitely a good idea along with Arroyo. Don't expect to get a top tier guy like carp for them though, other than that you should be okay.

Help me out?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 18#1792518
ragged25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby waltb87 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:33 pm

nah...i really got johan by trading off john lackey. This was kind of when Johan was at a slow start so..and lackey was doing fairly decent.
waltb87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

team

Postby brianj29 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:25 pm

brianj29
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team