Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tomdoyle3 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:19 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
tomdoyle3 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
tomdoyle3 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
tomdoyle3 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:Florida's horrible defense is a contributer to the high WHIP

You're wrong, his BABIP is .262. The defense is doing fantastic with him on the mound. ;-D

as a Johnson owner, I seem to remember plenty of ground ball hits to the SS and a lot of errors commited by everybody.

Ok, congratulations..

The bottom line is, his BABIP is .262, league average is .300. What do you want me to say?

that when his BABIP regress to around .300 that his ERA will rise?

Lol, I was being sarcastic. This "PlayingWithFire" character doesn't seem to understand that he has actually been benefiting from his defense, not being hurt by it. He also doesn't seem to understand what BABIP means. It's sad, really, the ignorance level on some people who post here. :-t

low BABIP can be from 2 sources, luck or defense. You can't possibly tell me that a MI consist of Miguel Cabrera, Hanley Ramirez and Dan Uggla is playing good defense. Whoever they put in the OF didn't help much either. Unless I'm completely clueless BABIP is batting average in balls in play. And it has a huge luck factor in it when it comes to pitchers.

and frankly I'm not the only one

DK wrote:That he's getting very lucky with balls in play and his ERA will most likely regress from here on out.

Yes, but at the beginning of the thread you stated that the defense was hurting him, and it isn't at all. You also said that a lot of ground ball hits were hit around the SS, but his BABIP is .262, so it can't be all that many hits, can it?
tomdoyle3
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:02 pm

tomdoyle3 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
tomdoyle3 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
tomdoyle3 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
tomdoyle3 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:Florida's horrible defense is a contributer to the high WHIP

You're wrong, his BABIP is .262. The defense is doing fantastic with him on the mound. ;-D

as a Johnson owner, I seem to remember plenty of ground ball hits to the SS and a lot of errors commited by everybody.

Ok, congratulations..

The bottom line is, his BABIP is .262, league average is .300. What do you want me to say?

that when his BABIP regress to around .300 that his ERA will rise?

Lol, I was being sarcastic. This "PlayingWithFire" character doesn't seem to understand that he has actually been benefiting from his defense, not being hurt by it. He also doesn't seem to understand what BABIP means. It's sad, really, the ignorance level on some people who post here. :-t

low BABIP can be from 2 sources, luck or defense. You can't possibly tell me that a MI consist of Miguel Cabrera, Hanley Ramirez and Dan Uggla is playing good defense. Whoever they put in the OF didn't help much either. Unless I'm completely clueless BABIP is batting average in balls in play. And it has a huge luck factor in it when it comes to pitchers.

and frankly I'm not the only one

DK wrote:That he's getting very lucky with balls in play and his ERA will most likely regress from here on out.

Yes, but at the beginning of the thread you stated that the defense was hurting him, and it isn't at all. You also said that a lot of ground ball hits were hit around the SS, but his BABIP is .262, so it can't be all that many hits, can it?

maybe Hanley has good range but just from my memory I remembe plenty of screw ups defensively when it comes to Josh.

And I agree with the guy that said Olsen's the superstar of the rotation while Johnson is more of an above average inning eater.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers