Josh Johnson...ERA Leader - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Josh Johnson...ERA Leader

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Chicago RedSox » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:50 pm

I've had Johnson for about his last 9 starts and I've loved every minute of it.
Having said that, I don't think he's going to get any better, so I'm starting to shop him around... no bites yet though
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:52 pm

12 QS in a row in definitely an eye popping statistic. glad i have him! ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tomdoyle3 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:29 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:Florida's horrible defense is a contributer to the high WHIP

You're wrong, his BABIP is .262. The defense is doing fantastic with him on the mound. ;-D
tomdoyle3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:10 pm

tomdoyle3 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:Florida's horrible defense is a contributer to the high WHIP

You're wrong, his BABIP is .262. The defense is doing fantastic with him on the mound. ;-D

as a Johnson owner, I seem to remember plenty of ground ball hits to the SS and a lot of errors commited by everybody.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tomdoyle3 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:17 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
tomdoyle3 wrote:

as a Johnson owner, I seem to remember plenty of ground ball hits to the SS and a lot of errors commited by everybody.

Ok, congratulations..

The bottom line is, his BABIP is .262, league average is .300. What do you want me to say?
tomdoyle3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DK » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:18 pm

tomdoyle3 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
tomdoyle3 wrote:

Ok, congratulations..

The bottom line is, his BABIP is .262, league average is .300. What do you want me to say?

That he's getting very lucky with balls in play and his ERA will most likely regress from here on out.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:20 pm

tomdoyle3 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
tomdoyle3 wrote:

Ok, congratulations..

that when his BABIP regress to around .300 that his ERA will rise?
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:22 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
tomdoyle3 wrote:

Why would that add to his WHIP? If the guy reached on an error, it's not a walk or hit, so doesn't get counted against someones WHIP. :-?
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:48 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
tomdoyle3 wrote:

Why would that add to his WHIP? If the guy reached on an error, it's not a walk or hit, so doesn't get counted against someones WHIP. :-?

extra batters faced afterward
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:58 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
tomdoyle3 wrote:

True, but like in his last outing, after Uggla's error, he managed to walk a couple a give up a hit or two. Having to face extra batters due to an error tends to increase the WHIP some.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers