If Hudson and Mulder go on the DL... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

If Hudson and Mulder go on the DL...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:53 am

MashinSpuds wrote:Forget the Oakland A's... if Mulder and Hudson go down *I* won't make the playoffs. Where's the sympathy, people?!

I feel your pain with Hudson. Sorry Spuds. Hopefully it will turn out that both are fine.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mktgteach » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:58 am

Hudson will be fine. He will probably miss his start on Thursday, but be fine by the weekend.

Mulder is most likely headed to the DL. They will want to give him some rest so he is 100% for September.

If you have Mulder, go and pick up the guy whose name I cannot spell but starts with a "D". His first name is Justin. He is in the minors now, but will most likely be called up.

;-D
Go Hokies!
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby pkarr5000 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:38 pm

mktgteach wrote:Hudson will be fine. He will probably miss his start on Thursday, but be fine by the weekend.

Mulder is most likely headed to the DL. They will want to give him some rest so he is 100% for September.

If you have Mulder, go and pick up the guy whose name I cannot spell but starts with a "D". His first name is Justin. He is in the minors now, but will most likely be called up.

;-D

thats wat im gonna do
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby eftda » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:40 pm

mktgteach wrote:Hudson will be fine. He will probably miss his start on Thursday, but be fine by the weekend.

;-D

ya i heard about him... good stats
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:20 pm

eftda wrote:Zito has like less than 120 K's (last i checked) so i traded him on one of my leagues because he was not the same guy. He is no longer an Ace (This season... next season he could be better than 02)

strikeouts are overrated

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:23 pm

Anonymous wrote:strikeouts are overrated

Well, since 2 of my leagues count k/9 and the other 3 count total k's with an inning cap, strikeouts are just as important as home runs. When it's a scoring catagory, you do what you have to do. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jdh » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:24 pm

Overall strikeout numbers may be overrated, but strikeout to walk ratio, etc is not overrated. It's common sense that a pitcher can't do well over a period of time without a good strikeout to walk ratio. What strikeouts do is remove an element of chance for every out that is recorded by strikeout. A pitcher that relies heavily on putting the ball into play puts alot to chance because he is at the mercy of where the ball is hit, defensive shifts, and the competence of his fielders. That's why Zito's declining strikeout totals are a huge concern.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eftda » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:25 pm

k's are not over rated. They make pitchers great. Prior, Wood, Martinez, JOHNSON, Clemens, and the list goes on and on and on. But K's do not make a pitcher great, look at woody Williams
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby millertime » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:03 am

eftda wrote:Zito has like less than 120 K's (last i checked) so i traded him on one of my leagues because he was not the same guy. He is no longer an Ace (This season... next season he could be better than 02)

Forget the strikeouts. Strikeouts are a bonus achieved with a little bit of luck. It's the walk total thats been lingering around him this season thats preventing him from being a cy young candidate...that and run support.
millertime

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers