If Hudson and Mulder go on the DL... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

If Hudson and Mulder go on the DL...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

If Hudson and Mulder go on the DL...

Postby eftda » Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:38 pm

Mulder left the game after the 3rd and i have seen this many times (like oswalt) and hudson left the game in his last start. I am bring these things because they could go on the DL. With Zito not being Zito of 2002 do you guys think this team and still get past those sox or M's??

i dont think that they can if both go on the dl but if one stays a-ok then they could have a shot...
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby warrick95 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:12 am

If Mulder and Hudson miss extended time, no way. The A's hitting has been terrible, although Chavez went on a hot stretch and Guillen has been hitting well since being acquired. But, they just won't be able to get it done with guys like Lilly and Halama on the mound with that kind of offense. They relied on Mulder and Hudson to win close games by giving up minimal runs. In some of Hudson's pitching gem games, the A's weren't even good enough to scrap up a few runs to get him a win, which is why he's got so many ND's. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, but I'm sure the A's haven't fared well with Lilly, Halama, etc. on the mound. It'd really be a shame if these two miss too much time to cause the A's to not make the Playoffs. This really could be the year. Having three legit aces on a team, plus Harden, could get them some rings.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jdh » Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:17 am

If either one of them go down for any period of time at all, the A's are finished. If both of them go down, they will finish with a sub-500 record.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:31 am

I don't see the A's making the playoffs without Mulder and Hudson.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:41 am

um eftda, zito HAS been the zito of 2002. Go look at his game log and at his run support and ERA. Anyways I think the A's lineup will get out of this funk. There lineup is too good to be doing this bad, their just pressing now.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby ramble2 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:54 am

Anonymous wrote:um eftda, zito HAS been the zito of 2002. Go look at his game log and at his run support and ERA. Anyways I think the A's lineup will get out of this funk. There lineup is too good to be doing this bad, their just pressing now.

By 'now' do you mean 'the 2003 season'? ;-)
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby jdh » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:55 am

Zito has not been the same Zito of 2002. His strikeout rate is way down and his walk rate is way up, and he could be either wearing down or have an undisclosed injury.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby G-Man » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:36 am

jdh wrote:Zito has not been the same Zito of 2002. His strikeout rate is way down and his walk rate is way up, and he could be either wearing down or have an undisclosed injury.

several things have been written about zito's tendency to go away from his curveball and rely far too heavily on his heater this year, which also may be gwetting him in trouble.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MashinSpuds » Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:14 am

Forget the Oakland A's... if Mulder and Hudson go down *I* won't make the playoffs. Where's the sympathy, people?!
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby eftda » Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:50 am

Zito has like less than 120 K's (last i checked) so i traded him on one of my leagues because he was not the same guy. He is no longer an Ace (This season... next season he could be better than 02)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers