whats the best thing in your collection - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

whats the best thing in your collection

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ironman » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:41 am

My peak collecting years were between 1987 and 1993, so that kind of tells you how "valuable" any of my cards are.

I have a Derek Jeter 1992 UD Minor League card. That's worth a couple dollars. I also have a 1986 Topps Dan Marino. I also have Marino's 84 Topps rookie card but it's beaten all to hell and has a tear in it. We found when my parents tore out the carpet on their staircase. It had slid underneath, along with several other cards.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mugrila » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:31 pm

No good cards, but I have Nolan Ryan's autograph on a ball.

I can't believe I lost the C.O.A. though. :-C
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby POSADA is KING » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:52 pm

In 2003, I went to a Pirates game at PNC Park against the Brewers. In the 3rd inning, Reggie Sanders hit a homer into the Brewers bullpen. After the game when all the Brewers pitchers were coming in, I went down to the bullpen and Mike DeJean tossed me a ball and said, "Hey thats the Reggie Sanders homer." After that I waited for the Pirates players to come out and i got Reggie to autograph it.

Later that year, I won a Derek Jeter autograph in a raffle at the local memorabilia and card shop. When I went to the store to pick it up, Derek Jeter was in the store. He signed a bat for me and then we ended up having lunch together. It was probably one of the best days of my life.
POSADA is KING
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:41 pm

i figure i have tons of stuff, just don't know which one is most valuable. my dad used to own a card shop and when he closed the store in '96, he brought boat load of cards and memorabilia into the garage where it's collecting dust. i myself was never into sports cards and memorabilia, and i do remember i took kevin garnett's autographed basketball to play with because i had no ball. now its flat and probably worthless, lol. anyways, my guess would be this wayne gretzsky autographed upper deck insert card that my dad pulled out of a pack one day. he was so stoked that he found the insert and i believe its worth few thousand bucks at least last time i checked the beckett.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bigken117 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:56 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote: he brought boat load of cards and memorabilia into the garage where it's collecting dust.

I'll give you $100 for all of it !+)

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:44 pm

My 3 favorite pieces are all autographed baseballs. Mantle and Mays the most valuable, but by far my favorite piece is a John Franco signed baseball.

I don't know that many will remember when he got suspended for a few games several years ago for bumping an ump, but he did. He was not allowed in the dugout, so he sat behind the plate with 2 scouts. I was at that game with my father, and somehow, managed to be sitting right next to him. 8-o He only sat there for the first four innings, but he signed a ball for me and we even had some cursory chat about the game. For a life long Mets fan, it was one hell of a moment. :-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Previous

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia