whats the best thing in your collection - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

whats the best thing in your collection

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby eftda » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:44 pm

So is your card from the 91 score or from the 50's/60's? I love it when Baseball packs have oldtimmer cards. I got a 1990 Nolan Ryan Card and a 2nd year Alex Rodriguez back in a 2001 (or 2002) topps pack. ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:53 pm

I should also add that I have a signed TGND movie poster of Elisha Cuthbert as well. :-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby ensanimal » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:56 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I should also add that I have a signed TGND movie poster of Elisha Cuthbert as well. :-)

don't tell blankman or he'll come searching for you :-o :-b
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:59 pm

ensanimal wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I should also add that I have a signed TGND movie poster of Elisha Cuthbert as well. :-)

don't tell blankman or he'll come searching for you :-o :-b

Well, the GF got it for me dirt cheap on EBAY and she said that someone offered her more than 2X the auction price immediately after the auction ended. Maybe it was Blank?? 8-o
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby GiantFan666 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:48 am

I can tell you what used to be my most valuable collectable... My rookie year Griffey auto ball on the sweet spot dated 4/4/89, hot it my self right after opening day when he appeared at a local card shop... As a matter of fact I think my collection of auto balls is cursed... I grew up in the Bay Area and so I have McGwire AL ball which is worth less somehow, Canseco, W. Clark, and B Bonds :~( :~( :~( :~(
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eftda » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:51 pm

Back in 1999, I found a Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card in a huge box of cards (1000 cards for $5.00 or something). I was so excited that I finaly had his rookie card, but the guy (who sold it to me) put a cigarette hole in the middle of Kens head. :,-(
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:50 pm

eftda wrote:Back in 1999, I found a Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card in a huge box of cards (1000 cards for $5.00 or something). I was so excited that I finaly had his rookie card, but the guy (who sold it to me) put a cigarette hole in the middle of Kens head. :,-(

Maybe that's a voodoo card and signalled the beginning of his injury streak. ;-) :-D
Lofunzo

Postby stomperrob » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:05 am

Lofunzo wrote:
eftda wrote:Back in 1999, I found a Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card in a huge box of cards (1000 cards for $5.00 or something). I was so excited that I finaly had his rookie card, but the guy (who sold it to me) put a cigarette hole in the middle of Kens head. :,-(

Maybe that's a voodoo card and signalled the beginning of his injury streak. ;-) :-D

Lol, good one Lo!
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GriffeyReturns » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:03 pm

My dad used to go to the Yankees spring training camp when he was a kid. He had a box full of signed Mantle, Maris, Bera, etc. stuff. He also had a bunch of broken bats signed too. But all of his stuff mysteriously disappeared over after a divorce.
GriffeyReturns Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby stomperrob » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:03 am

Well, it's not in my collection but I sure wish it was (as you can tell by my avatar and signature) - on Canadian Antiques Roadshow, they had a guy on there who inherited a baseball from his dad - when his dad was 11 he went to a Yankees/Red Sox double-header - in between games he went down on the field and got Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig to autograph a baseball for him!!!! The appraiser estimated the value of the ball at somewhere between $25,000 - $35,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia