whats the best thing in your collection - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

whats the best thing in your collection

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

whats the best thing in your collection

Postby eftda » Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:30 pm

some here might have a foul ball or a jersey so tell about it...

Back in 1999 i was at the Giants game and Brent Mayne gave me (not me, he was just looking for someone to give it too) his game used bat. It's cool. I know that it will never be worth anything but it was so cool. ;-D

what do you guys got?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:11 am

1994 Alex Rodriguez SP Die Cut Rookie card.

My favorite card is my 1996 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Atomic Refractor of Ivan Rodriguez/Piazza.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby matrick » Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:43 am

I have Freddy Garcia's game used spikes that he wore in the 2001 allstar game, autographed.
matrick

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:43 am

Stan Musial autographed bat
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

Postby eftda » Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:52 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:Stan Musial autographed bat

NICE ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DieHardCubbie » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:44 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Stan Musial autographed bat

Nice Pogo... ;-D

Like I have stated before, my best baseball memorabilia is the ticket stub I have from my first baseball game...my dad took me to a game in at Wrigley in 1977...the Cubbies beat the Pirates 4-3...That began my love for the Cubbies and Baseball... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:55 am

i don't remember when i went to my 1st game.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:31 am

Probably my bb card collection, which dates back to the late 60's. Have a complete set from 72. My best card is probably Mike Schmidts rookie, around $300 near mint. Have a old Mantle, but its a little dinged up.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby theisrealite » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:09 am

I got a limited edition serial numbered Mark Prior Card that CLTV was giving out at the game during his rookie season. I think it is worth something, not sure. Is it me or is there so much crap out there nowadays that its almost killed collecting as something done for fun?

If not the Prior card then for pure value would have to go with Rickey Hendorson Rookie that is in mint condition.

If I would have kept it this would have been the most valuable item. My first night game at Old Comiskey, I bring my practice ball to get signed. All the kids are pushing to get their ball signed, and Ron Scheuler looks at mine, hands it back unsigned, and signs another kids with a nice clean white ball. He goes back to the pen. Then Lerrin LaGraw(forgive the spelling)comes out and signs. He gets my ball, looks at it, and throws it in a waste container. I was like man that sucks. He then reaches in a bag and pulls out a brand new AL Ball and signs it and gives it to me. I swell up just writing the story.

Of course Scheuler retires and becomes a GM, LaGraw you never hear of again. Aint life a kick in the head?

And of course I get mustard and ketchup on the ball, then use it as my new little league practice ball.
Causing chaos since 1968.
theisrealite
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby coke609 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:48 am

I have a letter addressed to me on Cleveland Indians stationary
from Herb Score when he was recouperating from his injury to his eye when he got hit bya a ball off the bat of Gil McDougal.

I had sent him a letter when he was in the hospital. He sent me a handwritten reply that I brought to the park to show all my friends.I lost it that very day.

My uncle wrote him and he sent me a second letter type written letter which i still have almost 45 years later.

I have an autograph collection of mostly baseball players on popstcards. i would send a letter to their ballpark and enclose a self addressed postcard which the player would sign and return. They are all dated between 1958 thur 1960. I have Musual, Williams. Mantle, Mc Covey,Snider, Spahn, Burdette, Slaughter,Unitas, Chamberlain and many others. I also have an autographed picture postcard of Roger Maris when he was with the Kansas City Athelitics.

I know that many people have a more extensive collection but I cannot describe the thrill of as a 12 year old waiting for the mail to arrive every day!
I would NEVER vote Pete Rose into the Hall Of Fame
coke609
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia