How do I look after these 2 trades this past week? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How do I look after these 2 trades this past week? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How do I look after these 2 trades this past week? WHIR

Postby jmlevy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:45 pm

Categories(out of 12):
R-10
HR-6.5
RBI-6
SB-10
AVG-8.5
W-8
SV-5
K-10
ERA-5
WHIP-7

Ok, I started off this week by messaging a kid who was in last place in our league. He was an Astros fan so he didnt want to trade Berkman, Oswalt, or Lidge, the 3 best players on his team. So, I went for his other closer, Bobby Jenks. I was offered Jenks for Figgins and for some odd reason, turned it down as I would have been without an OFer. Dumb move. We ended up with: Figgins and Helton for Jenks and Francoeur. I felt compelled to get power, and other than Berkman, there was Griffey...bout it. Next, I proposed a trade to someone before the first one was even accepted. I had been talking to someone and he said to go for Vlad Guerrero before he blows up. I did. I offered Bay and Glavine for Vlad and Rios. He accepted a few hours after the Jenks trade went through. I came out on top.
My current roster (http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/325998/11):
C-Estrada
1B-Morneau
2B-Roberts
3B-Arod
SS-Lugo
OF-Vlad
OF-Sizemore
OF-Francoeur(till Rios returns from DL)
Util-Huff
B-Sexson
B-Rios
SP-Peavy
SP-Bonderman
SP-Ervin Santana
SP-C Young
SP-Jer Weaver
RP-T Jones
RP-Saito
RP-Jenks
RP-MacDougal
DL-Harden

As you can see, I am in need of HR, RBI, AVG, SV, ERA, and WHIP. I feel that I helped address these needs, but I need to know if there is something else that I can or should do to better my team. How would I rate on a scale of 1-10? Are there any free agents I should go after? Would you feel confident with my team?
Thanks
Last edited by jmlevy on Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
jmlevy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:11 pm

well as of right now Rios is on the DL anyways with some kind of inffection in his leg...so in that case move Francoeur into your starting lineup...i would also think about sexson in your UTIL spot, his average hurts a bit but he has finally been hitting the ball the past couple weeks...alot of good young SP that are producing...one thing i might try to do is move Todd Jones for a different Closer, his ERA is terrible so if you might be able to move him for a guy with some good save numbers, better era, and more strikeouts then jones...let us know about who is on the FA/WW list other then that good looking team!

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

team

Postby adamb103 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:15 pm

your team looks pretty good, you could probably bolster the pitching a little (closers). also, who is in free agency?
as for the util spot:
i have a personal vendetta with rocco baldelli, so i say dont start him
Sexson's BA is too low for my taste
Alou would be my pick out of them, but he's always hurt
so im left with franceour
him and sexson are about equal in hr and rbi but franceour beats him out in BA
but again, i like alou if he's healthy
adamb103
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jmlevy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:22 pm

Thanks for your suggestions. Bazzy, I don't know if you saw Alou, but now that he is back and playing back to par(hit a HR in Sat game), would you sit him still and start Sexson at Util? Out of Frenchy, Alou, Sexson, and Baldelli, would you stick Frechy at OF, Alou or Sexson at Util until Rios comes back?
Available closers:
Wickman was just released...currently on waivers(i have 10th claim)
Meadows
J Sosa
MacDougal
Tankersly
Accardo

That's about it so far as the closers go. If I am going to add one of these(most likely Wickman, right?), who would you recommend dropping? Baldelli? You can see my roster using the link from the first page, and then you can see which players are in free agency by clicking on the players link like you do in your own leagues...
I am going to try proposing Jones and Baldelli for Putz and the same for Otsuka, hopefully one of them will go with it. Any other trade ideas? you can view other managers' teams through the above link as well.
jmlevy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sherwood921 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:14 pm

As of right now I believe Meadows and Sosa are closers (albeit shaky ones). Depending on your league you might be able to pick them up and package them with Jones for a better RP. If people are just looking for saves, 2 crummy closers is often better than one good one because you get twice as many games.

Help please
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=225263
sherwood921
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jmlevy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:36 am

Bump....please help me!!!
jmlevy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby joshiasi » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:54 am

u got solid bats.... u may want to put rios on the as he is in the dl... you got a good pitching staff but you may want to bolster that area.... ;-D
joshiasi
College Coach
College Coach

team

Postby adamb103 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:52 pm

Until Rios comes back, yeah. Franceour in OF and Alou at Util. Once Rios is back, put Frenchy or Alou (whichever is hotter) at Util.
If you can make either of those trades with Jones and Baldelli take it, theyre both great for you. Otherwise, try to get Wickman and just drop Baldelli. He's a waste and as the Sports Guy will attest, he's never healthy anyway. No one else in free agency is worth picking up really.
adamb103
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ReddawgT » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:43 pm

If Alou is actually in the game he is a good deal to start at Util, you just have to keep an eye on him though as he seems to get injured every other day. For your OF position I would go with Francoeur and switch him with Baldelli depending on the matchups once in awhile. Sexon is good...but his average just scares me. :-o

I do like your pitching staff though. What kind of people do you have on the waiver?
ReddawgT
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jmlevy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:36 pm

Please help me and my team!!! ;-D
jmlevy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next