Need Some Help to Win $1000 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need Some Help to Win $1000

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need Some Help to Win $1000

Postby sherwood921 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:32 pm

Alright guys, I'm in a decent money league, and I led the first month-2 months of the year, but i've recently dropped to 5th, 20 points out of first, but 10 out of 4th, and about 15 above 6th.

Right now I'm leading OBP, but i'm in the 7-10 range out of 13 in the other offensive categories. I'm also leading wins, last in losses (I'm a few innings over the pace though) and middle of the pack in Ks. I have a good number of saves (I had Weathers and Valverde when they were good), but I'm not doing so hot in WHIP and ERA (as a result of some blowups from Valverde, Ray, Cordero, and pitchers like Seo, Madson, and Thompson earlier in the year).

What do you guys think I can do? I'm planning on using my pickups on RP like Carmona and other guys who have a shot at closing, but the WW is really thin. I realize I have some dead weight, but it's not worth picking other people up for them at this point.

13 Team Roto League (R, RBI, HR, SB, AVG, OBP, W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP) We get 18 pickups, I've used 9 so far.

C: Barrett
1B: Delgado
2B: Marcus Giles
3B:M Cabrera
SS:Lugo
OF: Berkman
OF: Carlos Lee
OF: Abreu
Util: Brian Giles
Bench: Shelton
Bench: Beltre
Bench: Burke
Bench: Conor Jackson

SP: Schilling
SP: Buehrle
SP: Lackey
RP:R Soriano
RP: Todd Jones
P: Accardo
P: F Cordero
Bench: Ken Ray
Bench: N Robertson
DL Harden

Thanks a lot, I'll help you guys out too!
Last edited by sherwood921 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sherwood921
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Frappy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:22 pm

In this situation, I would try to sell off Abreu's name value. Let's face it, In a league where SBs dont count - Abreu loses a ton of value. Still, I would try and find someone interested in Abreu just because he's Abreu. It looks to me like you could use a solid starting pitcher who wouldnt look too attractive because of the team he plays for. Im talking about pitchers like Willis, Peavy, Zambrano, Kazmir (though his great numbers will make it unlikely), etc. I would try to find someone starving in outfield power or OBP yet strong and deep in pitching, and try to get something done. With Harden out until probally August, you could use someone to hold down the fort until he returns and you make your run. Otherwise, I would stay put with what you have and look for a promising WW pitcher to use a valuable pick up on.

Could you please help me with my team? Link:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 00#1761900
Frappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:49 pm

i agree with the previous post...but even tho all those players he named are on teams that aren't doing so hot they are all still posting real good numbers...i doubt you will be able to con anyone out of Zambrano guy is just a horse...i would try comboing something like Abreu/Buehrle for a stud starter and possibly throw in one of your reliever's like Jones for a guy with a good number of saves but a low ERA thats what is killing jone's value (besides the small amount of strikeouts) is ERA all you really need is a Stud SP and possibly a 2nd baseman, but i expect Giles to pick it up in the 2nd half...otherwise good luck cuz you got the team to take a Grand!!!

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby sherwood921 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:00 pm

Ugh, I'm an idiot. I forgot to to account for SBs. Sorry guys.
sherwood921
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Urbanist » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:34 am

Yeah Sher I would as well try to package Bobby and Markie.

Try for someone like a Sizemore and another sp.

Say like a Haren. If Buerrhle was pitching like he was earlier on you could have swung a deal like that but since everyone is down on Buerhle you would have to throw in a decent player perhaps to make someone pull the trigger on the deal. I would though be looking for a 3 for 2 type deal like that.

If Belliard or Lugo are around I'd advide picking up one of those two as well.
Urbanist
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sherwood921 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:20 am

Urbanist wrote:Yeah Sher I would as well try to package Bobby and Markie.

Try for someone like a Sizemore and another sp.

Say like a Haren. If Buerrhle was pitching like he was earlier on you could have swung a deal like that but since everyone is down on Buerhle you would have to throw in a decent player perhaps to make someone pull the trigger on the deal. I would though be looking for a 3 for 2 type deal like that.

If Belliard or Lugo are around I'd advide picking up one of those two as well.

I already have Lugo
sherwood921
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jmlevy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:02 am

You have to find a closer. I would try something like Abreu, Harden, and Jones for Putz, Sizemore and Myers...
Myers owners have to be sceptical of his extended leave from the team. He is a solid player and is not returning from an arm injury like Harden. I love Harden, dont get me wrong, the kids a stud, but i never like throwing arm and shoulder injuries...just look at prior, colon, and wood. Give us some possible trades with player on other teams and we can try to help...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... ?p=1773538
jmlevy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Postby joshiasi » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:07 pm

I could not agree any better.... you need a closer.... todd jones is getting the role because he is paid good money for the job..... but he is somewhat shaky..... try to shop around harden for a solid closer... ;-D
joshiasi
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sherwood921 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:47 am

Sorry guys, but what good does a solid closer do? I'm near the top in saves still. Yes, I know I will drop with only Jones...but I'd much rather have a solid SP, they simply have much more of an impact on K, W, ERA, and WHIP
sherwood921
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team