(edit) What annoys me about Yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

(edit) What annoys me about Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

(edit) What annoys me about Yahoo

Postby mcliffy2 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:25 pm

Besides their annoying notes for pitching, their speedy turnaround making players available, and their non-sensical DL...this news comment, I loved:

Jul 8 Kevin Yanik, of Astros.MLB.com, reports Houston Astros 3B Morgan Ensberg is in a 6-for-34 slump with no home runs and four RBI in his last 12 games.

Uh Yea...guys...late breaking news flash, he hit one last night.

Anyone else care to share their favorite Yahoo stories?
Last edited by mcliffy2 on Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:32 pm

It's annoying when they add to the notes something like "So and so reports the Red Sox defeated the White Sox 7-2 on Friday, July 7th."

Why does someone need to report they won. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that, it's not like they have to add reports incase it turns out not to be true.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ryno23 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:34 pm

My biggest gripe is that I can't pick someone up in the morning and use him that night. Why do I have to wait until tomorrow's game to use someone I pick up this morning before any games start?
Ryno23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:38 pm

Ryno23 wrote:My biggest gripe is that I can't pick someone up in the morning and use him that night. Why do I have to wait until tomorrow's game to use someone I pick up this morning before any games start?

Well look at it this way. You realize your 1B is not in the lineup for that game, so you just go on the free agent list and grab a guy and start him... thats what your saying. Do you think you can do that in real baseball?
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:53 pm

Well look at it this way. You realize your 1B is not in the lineup for that game, so you just go on the free agent list and grab a guy and start him... thats what your saying. Do you think you can do that in real baseball?

No but in real baseball you have someone on the bench that you can insert in that player's place whether or not they have yahoo 1B eligibility. I believe in the MLB you can option players up from AAA the same day you intend to start them also.

Also, in yahoo fantasy football, you can pick up a player and start him on the same day.

It's a long season though, so though I agree with the poster who said he wants to be able to add and start a player on the same day, I don't think it's a big deal.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Ryno23 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:32 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
Ryno23 wrote:My biggest gripe is that I can't pick someone up in the morning and use him that night. Why do I have to wait until tomorrow's game to use someone I pick up this morning before any games start?

I don't manage that way, and our league discourages it with a 50-move cap.

But, when I make a roster move, I expect the person I cut to be off my team immediately and for him to be replaced with the person I acquired. It's not logical to do it any other way.
Ryno23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jsphlly » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:45 pm

I dislike how everything is inconsistant. Sometimes, standings are updated on time, sometimes their not. Sometimes a AAA call up is added the next day, sometimes it takes 3 days.

Yahoo! PLUS gives you the option to make transactions for the current day.
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lime » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:35 pm

I hate how when you propose a trade, Yahoo includes the virtually meaningless "O-Rank", which often times the other manager takes into serious consideration.
Lime
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ursa » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:44 pm

jsphlly wrote:Yahoo! PLUS gives you the option to make transactions for the current day.

It does? I had no idea. Our Yahoo + league can't do that so it must have been set that way by the commish. Too late to fix it for this year but I'll definitely ask for it next year.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Mreater71 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:06 pm

I can't stand when sportsline.com is up to date on the information like who was placed on the DL and Yahoo takes a day or two after the player was already announced that he is on the DL to update it. I got screwed one weekend when I had to set my lineup for the week and that Monday, Yahoo finally placed the player on the DL. They need to get their ass in gear with the updates.
Mreater71
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers