Who Cares - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who Cares

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hwiggen » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:22 pm

I loved the all star game when I was a kid but when John Kruk turned his batting helmet aroung and moved to the right side of the plate against Randy Johnson I turned off the TV and haven't watched the an all star game since.
But I might watch it this year now that my oldest kid is so into baseball.
hwiggen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DeadWinterDay » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:30 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:It controls home field advantage in the World Series. Pointless? :-?

The AL will win it (WS) anyways.
DeadWinterDay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jsmith378 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:44 pm

hwiggen wrote:I loved the all star game when I was a kid but when John Kruk turned his batting helmet aroung and moved to the right side of the plate against Randy Johnson I turned off the TV and haven't watched the an all star game since.
But I might watch it this year now that my oldest kid is so into baseball.

a.) that wasnt kruk that was larry walker IIRC
b.) why would that make u stop watching it? walker was just trying to have some fun and he only did it for one pitch
jsmith378
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Who Cares

Postby Tavish » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:49 pm

jlm53089 wrote:Who cares about the All-Star game, I mean its pointless now, the only way it effects me from a fantasy stand point is if my player gets hurt, but thats all there is... Do you get a win in H2H if you have more all-stars then the other guy, or extra points in ROTO if you have more... its pointless arguing over it, its all out of our hands anyway...

who agrees?

I for one care about it because baseball is more than fantasy baseball. I might be the odd man out here, but I actually enjoy the game of baseball more than I do fantasy baseball.

Does the All-Star game matter? No, it never has and tacking homefield advantage onto the outcome doesn't make it mean any more to me. What the All-Star game means to me is Bo Jackson smashing a HR to deep centerfield off Rick Reuschel. Its Torii Hunter robbing Bonds of a homeun or Randy Johnson making John Kruk bail out like a school-girl in the batters box. Ripken hitting a HR in his final All-Star game, Ted Williams being wheeled out to throw the first pitch in '99. Pedro striking out the first four batters he faced Larkin, Walker, Sosa, McGwire.

Having said all that, I liked the All-Star game a little more when players got in on name recognition over current production versus the fan voting version where players get in based on home market over current production.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers