need help, not sure what's wrong. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

need help, not sure what's wrong.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

need help, not sure what's wrong.

Postby fbc_fan » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:15 am

it seems like i win then lose with this team so my record is sitting at a gross 500. i feel like this team is good enough to contend in the league, but it doesn't. not sure what's wrong with it. any input is appreciated.

yahoo, h2h, standard 5x5, 10 team

c: r. hernandez
1b: c. delgado
2b: c. utley
3b: s. rolen
ss: j. rollins
of: j. bay
of: c. patterson
of: j. pierre
util: t. hafner
bn: h. blalock
bn:m. teixera

sp: king felix
sp: c. carpenter
rp: m. gonzalez
rp: a. otsuka
p: j. julio
p: d. haren
p: a. reyes
bn: k. escobar
bn: d. bush
bn: jo. johnson

leave a link and i'll get back to you.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Frappy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:52 pm

You do have your fair share of underperforming players such as Rollins, Teixera, Felix hernandez, and pierre. You also seem to have a shaky pitching staff. I would try to deal either Delgado,Hafner, or teixeira to get a solid SP. Youd Get much more value from Delgado and Hafner over Teix however, so I reccomend sticking to dealing one of those two unless you get a great offer for Teix anyway. Seeing as you can only play 2 of the 3 this makes alot of sense. So go ahead and shop around those 3 for a good SP in return. Dont worry about Teix's production either, he'll pick it up (Starting to right now).

All in all the end result is like picking up a great pitcher for little to no offensive loss (You could even gain offensive power here depending on what happens in the 2nd half). With the underperforming players you have due to pick up the pace, and some already are - I think You have a good team going.

Please help me with my team, link:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 00#1761900
Frappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sherwood921 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:21 pm

I agree. Unfortunately, other than moving Hafner, Teix, or Delgado you probably don't have a lot of options. You have a lot of guys who underperformed. Unless you get a good deal, there's no point in trading them at this point for less than their real value. I'd sit tight for the most part, aside from dealing one of those sluggers for an ace.

'lil help
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=225263
sherwood921
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Urbanist » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:04 am

By taking a quick glance I can tell you probably struggle with batting average and struggle with wins and k's to a degree. You have a good sb and rbi balance though. You look to be a top 4-5 team in Homers/Rbi's/Runs.

You may need to get another closer and a pitcher with a good strikeout rate that gets wins. By looking at it I'm sure your WHIP and ERA are plain awful some weeks.

I'd be looking ot replace guys like Bush and try to strike a deal with Tex and Blalock. Try to target a John Lackey/Carlos Zambrano type pithcer and a Vernon Wells type hitter.

But like the others said if you are gonna trade Tex(I just did, he was my keeper for the last 2 years) you need to make sure you get more for him than he's currently worth. There are a lot of people out there that believe he will hit 20-30 dingers from here on out, you need to find that guy.

I just dealt away Tex,Blalock,Otsuka, and Marcus Giles for Delgado,A.Jones, and Capuano. I got lucky, perhaps you can too.
Urbanist
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jmlevy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:32 am

Im just gunna be blunt...your team has its fair share of inconsistent players...yes, hafner, utley and delgado are studs, but the rest are a mix of squabling all stars and waiver wire pickups. i hate to say it, but you have to trade your studs, or at least some of them to better yourself. Unless there happens to be a free agent pool the size of texas, you need to trade up. get rid of pierre and bush...then go for an OF like sizemore or rios. you might be able to get rios cheap cuz of his injury. then go for myers or willis due to their troubles. you can find trades, you just have to be conscious of your offers and the other person's thoughts. dont piss them off with weird trades and try to chat with them on yahoo messenger before you propose. its easier and quicker

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... ?p=1773538
jmlevy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Postby mpoland92 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:49 am

I agree, if I were to trade anyone it would be Delgado, granted he is in the prolly the best lineup he has ever been in, but it seems he doesnt have any consistency, one week he is great and the next he is slumping.... plus with his bruised hand, now would be a good time to dump him, you definitely need SP and OF help, so those would be the two areas I would look into.... a Sizemore and a solid SP would do you good

What I post is my OPINION, I have never said I was a expert, you asked for help, I gave you my help.
mpoland92
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CaMeroN CraZie » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:50 am

mpoland92 wrote:I agree, if I were to trade anyone it would be Delgado, granted he is in the prolly the best lineup he has ever been in, but it seems he doesnt have any consistency, one week he is great and the next he is slumping.... plus with his bruised hand, now would be a good time to dump him, you definitely need SP and OF help, so those would be the two areas I would look into.... a Sizemore and a solid SP would do you good

Great advice man!

http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=225225

HELP ME ^
http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=225225
CaMeroN CraZie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team