Livan Hernandez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Livan Hernandez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Livan Hernandez

Postby Smooth » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:55 pm

Does Livan have any value at this point? He was dropped in my league and I am thinking about picking him up. Has he lost it? I've heard rumors about him being dealt to a contending team before the trading deadline. Do you scoop him up in the hopes he turns it around or he is too bad to even take a chance. The pitching waiver wire is pretty thin in my league so if he may be a second half gem, he'd be worth a shot.

Thanks
Smooth
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chip1010 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:54 am

It would depend on your league size, but here's my opinion: I'm in a 12-team league, and I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. There are so many better pitchers on the wire.

Help if you can?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=225121
Chip1010
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sportsguy138 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:22 pm

assuming its not any more than a 12 team league i would stay away from him..

hes just a headache :-o
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Don G. » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:21 pm

He's got a bad knee but refuses to go on the DL. Being that he's hurt you can basiclaly forget about him being traded to a contender. He's been horrible and he'll probably be forced to the DL by the Nats. There are better options on teh WW even if you just pick up an extra bat to stash on the bench.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cakewalk5 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:17 am

I don't think that it's just the bad knee. He's been taking too many Happy Meals under the belt.

As his weight has gone up from his breakout year, his ERA and WHIP have steadily risen for the past three seasons.

His fastball has slown down. He would throw 89 in the beginning of games and 92 at the end on fastballs. He would also have curl-back on his pitches from an elastic arm. Now he throws 85-87. And everything is pretty straight.

Putting him on a weight program (which would also help his knee) would help his pitching immensely.

As for his value, if he's not traded to a ballpark with a big OF, he could be sacrificing alot more runs and find himself yanked quickly. But I don't see the new owner selling a player the fans like, no matter how much he's booed. The DL as before suggested seems more possible, but Washington is running out of viable options in their Minor System.

My prediction...he'll stay with DC, he'll still be starting, and he'll still not be good a month from now. If you're in a league counting WHIP, I wouldn't even think about him. I'm sure Jason Jennings would even outperform Hernandez in the second half.
cakewalk5
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Injuries & Player Updates